Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mechadon

What are you listening to?

@Agent6Yeah, I agree, even though Emperor is one of the symphonic band I listened the most because I was fascinated by the genius album called In the Nightside Eclipse. But Moon in the scorpio is also one of my favorite of the genre, with this one too.

Sorhin rule btw.

Edited by Mayhem666

Just now, Agent6 said:

I so damn love these crazy bastards <3 .

I once dreamed that I went to a Nunslaughter concert that was at my local Pizza Hut. 

@Ajora A Nunslaughter concert would surely be a memorable experience :3 .

@Mayhem666 Honestly I listen more often to Emperor rather than Limbonic Art as well. The reason for that is due to the nature of their composition. Emperor is much more straightforward in comparison and you can easily pick up a song and listen to it, whereas LA's albums are supposed to be listened from start to finish and rely much more on the symphonic and atmospheric side, and it really shows. The only exception to this rule would be Legacy of Evil which is more stripped down. I wouldn't be able to fully enjoy Deathtrip to A Mirage Asylum, In Mourning Mystique, A Venomous Kiss of Profane Grace, and the rest of the songs without listening to the entire album.

Odium is great too, I know 'em.

Now these pitch black and pure otherwordly dudes have released an album a while ago that was pretty controversial for some fans, namely Empire of the Fallen Angel, due to the more aggressive take and cleaner production. Ixithra has not been satisfied with it either and years later he re-recorded the album on his own. I can't say which one I prefer tbh, I enjoyed the original a lot, and Ixithra's voice on that version was nothing less than bestial. But, ugh, it was supposedly "too accessible" (no shit, suddenly accessibility is solely reflected and dictated by the production, as if milions of people enjoy listening to music that deals with Occultism and Satanism on a daily basis).

Spoiler

"I shall go on, wearing the burden of Pain, turning it,
Glorifying it,
For it didn't limit the strong,

For it didn't stop the Evilution,
For it just changed the process,
And made the whole scheme higher,
Battling on a different mindfield.
Words as weapons,
Eyes as judges,
Smell victory,
And fucking sense your defeat,
Cunt. "

Been occasionally missing them, but having both Slugathor and Desecresy alive would be pointless since both shared the same songwriter and were very similar. In fact I could say Slugathor evolved into Desecresy.

Edited by Agent6

On 12/19/2017 at 4:11 PM, Mayhem666 said:

If you like USPM like Omen and speed metal, this is the real shit.

this album t-shirt will soon be mine!

man do i love Doctor Disrespect 

I swear if the rest of the songs are as good as this we're getting the best Pestilence since Testimony of the Ancients or Spheres.

53 minutes ago, Agent6 said:

@Mayhem666 I'll be waiting you at the entrance.

Oh damn, I listened to that Lord Belial album a countless amount of time. pure genius.