Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SatanaInArte

"(Null):invalid ACS module"?

Question

Hi,Doomworld users.I'm still a beginner in Doom mapping and I need your help.

When I opened my map (still w.i.p) and I forgot to change the path for the iwad (DOOM2.WAD) f*****g up everything (Why SatanaInArte?Why?)

Then I reopened it selecting the right path.I tested it and everything looks fine now,but when i open the console there's a text that says:"(Null):invalid ACS module"

What does it mean?

Edited by SatanaInArte

13 answers to this question

What map format are you using? Also you should also mention which port you're using, though I recognize that error message as being from a ZDoom-based port.

Basically what it means is that it tries to load something as an ACS module (typically, your map's BEHAVIOR lump) but fails to do so.

18 minutes ago, Gez said:

What map format are you using? Also you should also mention which port you're using, though I recognize that error message as being from a ZDoom-based port.

Basically what it means is that it tries to load something as an ACS module (typically, your map's BEHAVIOR lump) but fails to do so.

I'm using ZDoom and my map format is "ZDoom in Hexen format".

Edit:sorry I forgot to quote you.

Can you create a log (see here or use the command line zdoom +logfile log.txt) and then paste the content of the generated log?

6 hours ago, Gez said:

Can you create a log (see here or use the command line zdoom +logfile log.txt) and then paste the content of the generated log?

Sorry for my ignorance,but how that can solve my problem?

26 minutes ago, SatanaInArte said:

Sorry for my ignorance,but how that can solve my problem?

Nothing directly, but it'll allow us to see what's going on under the hood of your GZDoom, so we can suggest what to do to fix your problem.

43 minutes ago, Bauul said:

Nothing directly, but it'll allow us to see what's going on under the hood of your GZDoom, so we can suggest what to do to fix your problem.

Actually,I'm using ZDoom (in Hexen format).

Anyway,@Gez @Bauul thanks for your help.I'll create a log and  I will let you know.

Edited by SatanaInArte

Just in case you weren't aware, ZDoom isn't being developed any more. GZDoom has kind of taken over its torch (there's nothing ZDoom could do that GZDoom can't). You might want to upgrade just so you can keep playing the latest maps.

4 hours ago, Bauul said:

Just in case you weren't aware, ZDoom isn't being developed any more. GZDoom has kind of taken over its torch (there's nothing ZDoom could do that GZDoom can't). You might want to upgrade just so you can keep playing the latest maps.

Of course,but I have my reasons.

My map it's just test,because I'm taking some practice with DB2.

Why I should make a wad for GZDoom if I'll never use it's ful potential?

3d floors?Yeah,why not.

Advanced light?Who knows.

I think that GZDoom has very interesting feature,but for now I'm not so "mature" to work with them.
Edit:Forgot to mention truecolor.That is definetily THE reason I would made a wad for Doom,adding new sprites,new textures,ext..

Edited by SatanaInArte

@Gez hmm,in log.txt there's just:Log started: Wed Dec 27 21:54:55 2017

So,that means"Null:Invalid ACS module" is not a real problem?

Still don't get what caused this.

There should be a lot more stuff in it; including all the files that were loaded.