Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jazzmaster9

Wolfenstein: Machines of Death - TC - IDGAMES RELEASED v.1.0 - UPDATE!

Nice! Although the sprites for the weapons look little bit small. Also i cannot download it for some reason. whenever i click the link to download it it sends me back to this page. I suggest you use weapon sprites from the mac version of Wolf3D instead of sprites from the snes version.

Edited by MrD!zone

5 hours ago, MrD!zone said:

Nice! Although the sprites for the weapons look little bit small. Also i cannot download it for some reason. whenever i click the link to download it it sends me back to this page.

Same here.But the screenshots look great!Merry Christmas!

Beta version 2 has been uploaded
Changes:
- Fixed the bug in Map 9 where one of the doors was not repeatable.
- Added Exit indicators to maps with no exit elevators so that players don't unknowingly trigger the exit line.
- Fixed some more misaligned textures .

Hell yeah I was wondering if this was gonna be based on Project: Eisenritter, what with the name 'Machines of Death'.

Minor Update:
- Added some decorations and did some retexturing on Map 04, Map 09 and Map 11 since some rooms looked really bland.
- Fixed some Actors with the wrong difficulty tags in Map 03
- Fixed some linedefs to be one sided to hide secrets in the Automap.
- Some Treasure Items were re positioned in Map 12

Immediately downloading this and giving it a shot!

Edited by Shanoa

Excuse the double posts but here's some feedbacks. First off thank you for making this, i only have positive things to say about it.

My playthrough is continuous + I'm Death Incarnate. I've played MAP01-MAP05 + MAP15, i really enjoy what you've done with the layout and such but i'll probably go into it more once i finish the whole mapset. The secrets are pretty simple to find thanks to the classic objects-in-front-of-walls or non-symmetry of textures, in some case. (like that 4th secret in MAP15) Glad to see it's a recurring thing across all maps, so far, instead of "secrets are easy to find in this level but mind boggingly cryptic in this other level."

The density of enemies are pretty good, although it can be tricky when there's a group all together considering now they don't suck at aiming which is fine i just need to angle myself better! MAP04, the mortuary, was a tricky level in particular the

Spoiler

sentry gun

caught me by surprise the first time and i love what you've done with the mutants in the underground part of the level, a very nice touch!

There is a small overlooked detail in MAP05. In the first image the door straight ahead of me lead to the boss room. 

Screenshot_Doom_20180108_054118.png

On the second picture this is the back of said door, you're supposed to be locked in but it can be opened without the boss key. Heck the boss himself once left his own room and re-entered from this door. I assume the intent is to trap the player within the confine of the room, if so every door should be a gold key door, so even the boss himself can't leave it.

Screenshot_Doom_20180108_054124.png

Beside that i've found nothing else in need of fixing, i look forward to play the rest of the levels later today, i'm loving what you've done. Am i right in assuming there is a 2nd secret exit leading to MAP16?

Edited by Shanoa

@Shanoa

Thank you very much for the feed back. That door is not supposed to be locked from anyside. The wrong texture was used by accident and will be fixed in the next update.

Im glad you are enjoying to mod so far. :)

And yes there is a another secret map.

Well i've finished your mapset and, like in my initial post about it, my thoughts remain the same. Solid gameplay, it shows you know how to design proper Wolfenstein combat, it was easy to get carried away in a room until nazis pile up and shred you apart so, in later level especially, i had to play more carefully. The Robotech map in particular was the most difficult for me, it took me 4 or so tries to complete it. The variety of layout managed to keep it interesting from forest, to snowy plain, to your usual nazi base, a boat even and so on, MAP16 in particular surprised me and the gun you get from there destroyed the last two boss, very satisfying!

I'll say, i was pleasantly surprised to see usage of some SNES sounds and name, such as the death sound of the SS as well as the final boss name and the model used for Doctor Bergmann. I believe even one of the song used was from the SNES game. All in all it was a robust mapset, it checked all the right box for me as well as satisfying that Wolfenstein fix i crave once in a while. I hope you'll do another Wolfenstein project someday!

Thank you for making this, had a blast!

Minor update uploaded:
- Fixed some the textured door in Map 05
- Some treasure re-positioning.

2 hours ago, Shanoa said:

Well i've finished your mapset and, like in my initial post about it, my thoughts remain the same. Solid gameplay, it shows you know how to design proper Wolfenstein combat, it was easy to get carried away in a room until nazis pile up and shred you apart so, in later level especially, i had to play more carefully. The Robotech map in particular was the most difficult for me, it took me 4 or so tries to complete it. The variety of layout managed to keep it interesting from forest, to snowy plain, to your usual nazi base, a boat even and so on, MAP16 in particular surprised me and the gun you get from there destroyed the last two boss, very satisfying!

I'll say, i was pleasantly surprised to see usage of some SNES sounds and name, such as the death sound of the SS as well as the final boss name and the model used for Doctor Bergmann. I believe even one of the song used was from the SNES game. All in all it was a robust mapset, it checked all the right box for me as well as satisfying that Wolfenstein fix i crave once in a while. I hope you'll do another Wolfenstein project someday!

Thank you for making this, had a blast!

I'm glad that had fun with the mod.

Thank you very much for participating in the beta.

Beta v.3 Uploaded
Changes:
- Made the Flamethrower projectile unable to rip through The Mecha Trooper and the Rocket Sentry, since they are immune to fire.
- Fixed some misaligned sector heights in the Prologue Map.

Looks great. I love the sprites and the textures. I think it is awesome that people are still working on Wolfenstein inspired games and level design. It is a little simplistic for my taste but I might check it out. I did like Shadow of the Wool Ball better than Return of the Wool Ball because of its simplicity.

Minor Update uploaded (Mostly Aesthetic)
- Added new INTERPIC graphic
- Added new CREDIT graphic
- Added new HELP graphic
- Added new Border graphics

2 hours ago, jazzmaster9 said:

Minor Update uploaded (Mostly Aesthetic)
- Added new INTERPIC graphic
- Added new CREDIT graphic
- Added new HELP graphic
- Added new Border graphics

You missed a door side texture on the first level of the second episode.

Screenshot_Doom_20180123_023727.png

11 minutes ago, MrD!zone said:

You missed a door side texture on the first level of the second episode.

Screenshot_Doom_20180123_023727.png

Fixed it :) 

Thanks for catching that, good eye.

OK, finally completed this; took my time, just over 5 hours. This is definitely the best Wolfenstein WAD I've ever played. Innovative features, great level design and atmosphere (holy crap that secret level), I loved just about every bit of it, looking forward to a pt.III.

The only complaint I can levy against it is that the bosses are far too difficult. I play on HNTR because I'm more interested in exploration and I find too many enemies an annoyance, but the bosses take *way* too many hits to kill and there's very little strategy you can employ. At least at this difficulty level the bosses should be nerfed more, higher difficultly levels can stay how they are if nobody else has complained as such.

This version will now be the Final Beta of this project.

14 hours ago, Kroc said:

OK, finally completed this; took my time, just over 5 hours. This is definitely the best Wolfenstein WAD I've ever played. Innovative features, great level design and atmosphere (holy crap that secret level), I loved just about every bit of it, looking forward to a pt.III.

The only complaint I can levy against it is that the bosses are far too difficult. I play on HNTR because I'm more interested in exploration and I find too many enemies an annoyance, but the bosses take *way* too many hits to kill and there's very little strategy you can employ. At least at this difficulty level the bosses should be nerfed more, higher difficultly levels can stay how they are if nobody else has complained as such.

Thank you for your feedback.

I'll see what I can do about balancing the Boss health for lower difficulties, but as of now I'm happy with the Boss balancing.

Sorry I haven't gotten back around to finishing this yet, not that I said I was a beta tester but I was playing and I'm near the end I think, I'd be a terrible beta tester if I was though! Overall I've liked everything I've seen, this is much more confidently and expertly designed than Shadows of Destiny.

Update!
Expect the full release sometime next week. Stay Tuned.
Keep the feedback coming guys, I'll still be able to do fixes last minutes

Wolfenstein: Machines of Death has been officially released
Thank you for everyone who played and participated on the beta. :)

Edited by jazzmaster9

6 minutes ago, jazzmaster9 said:

Wolfenstein: Machines of Death has been officialu released
Thank you for everyone who played and participated on the beta. :)

Heh

Congrats!

I can't seem to find a version of GZdoom that works with this.  I've tried 2-0-05, 2-4-0, 3-2-1, and 3-2-5.  Somehow even when it boots up it simply runs slow.  How come?  Can anyone hand me a link to a GZdoom version that works perfectly with this?

I enjoyed this TC quite a bit. The level design was good, not very mazey at all which is what I expected tbh. Using the semi-auto rifle was very satisfying with its one shot kills and high accuracy.

The things I would look at improving are the weapon sprites (very small currently) and some of the environment sprites, namely the hanging green moss (?). The moss gets in the way a lot so you end up getting shot and you have no idea where it's coming from. I really think that improved weapon sprites would do wonders for this mod in how fun it is to play.

I found Robotechnics to be a pretty unbalanced map. I ran out of ammo to a severe degree and ended up having to cheat to get through.

There was one area where I could almost clip through some fence midtextures, it might have been in The Great Escape but I honestly can't remember, sorry.

I recorded my playthrough too - timestamps for each map are in the video description:

On 3/7/2018 at 12:35 PM, Undeadmerc3@aol.com said:

I can't seem to find a version of GZdoom that works with this.  I've tried 2-0-05, 2-4-0, 3-2-1, and 3-2-5.  Somehow even when it boots up it simply runs slow.  How come?  Can anyone hand me a link to a GZdoom version that works perfectly with this?

It runs with GZDoom SVN for me.

Edited by xvertigox

Hello, Very important Update added:

For full transparency: Yes, this update is a response to the issue that has been going on about the release of Blade of Agony and its depiction of Death Camps.

• Altered the two levels of design of two levels to be more like a Traditional POW camp.
    • Removal of Gas chambers and replaced with Storage Rooms
    • Lessening of Dead POWs
  • This is still a POW camp so depiction of Prisoners will remain.

Fixed A line in Map09 that was suppose to be Impassable (2 years after the fact bug fixes!)