Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StormCatcher.77

Doomworld Mega Project 2017 (Final)

@Percival232

The number of maps in the project is unlimited, so you can send your work. In ending of the year I can already close my eyes to the ban of MP3 music, but pay attention to the size of your wad. Let your track be with free license (it's important for uploading on /idgames) and no more than 2-3 mb. In the WAV format it will be quite massive.

@StormCatcher.77 i might just switch the music and something sounds for midis and vanilla game sound effect since 8 MB is way too massive

@StormCatcher.77 If you want a hand with the Hub map, I'm happy to help you with the scripting for it (e.g. the portals, the HudMessage, automatically pistol-starting each map etc. etc.). 

You don't need to worry about it until the new year though (I recall DWCP2016 didn't have a final release until April this year), so don't feel rushed to get it all ready.

@Bauul Thank you, but in principle, I'm good at portal stuff and ACS. I take for example the implementation of the hub from last year's DMP. Of course, I would be glad if you took part in the development. I could win time for my map. @Voltcom9 today provided a very interesting concept for the future hub map. You could cooperate and create something unique, maybe, without my direct partaking. You should discuss this, I think.

2 hours ago, Voltcom9 said:

Hello again, here's a couple possible varieties of Intermission pics. I like CWolf's undead marine the most but here

are a couple varieties of interpics for the project.

G17CxBr.png

by CWolf  (found on page 8)

Rb7Fswo.jpg?1

Kax13m1.jpg?1

Ldvp95H.jpg

While we are on the topic of intermission pics, if I'm not mistaken, all you have to do is convert these images in SLADE, so they can be used in a wad, right?

Unfortunately I have to withdraw from the project this year. I have a map but I aimed too high and it's just way too big for me to finalise properly in the time I have left. Good luck with everyone else's maps, I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product!

Just for my own sanity so it feels like I accomplished something, this is what I have so far:

uTfoffl.png

Next year I'll try and be more realistic!

1 hour ago, WindbagJacket said:

Unfortunately I have to withdraw from the project this year. I have a map but I aimed too high and it's just way too big for me to finalise properly in the time I have left. Good luck with everyone else's maps, I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product!

Just for my own sanity so it feels like I accomplished something, this is what I have so far:

uTfoffl.png

I will have to try that level out when you are finished.

15 hours ago, WindbagJacket said:

uTfoffl.png

I can relate to your situation.

I started in late September with an idea and finally got to testing the level in early November (with work and family, I can only work on maps periodically) and realized two things: 1) I was aiming to make a vanilla level and ended up with a level that would be limit-removing at best and 2) there was still more work to do than I thought I would be able to do.

So, I regrouped and decided to make a simpler level. As of about two weeks ago, I realized that the level was still getting a tad bit out of hand for the time I had left.

So, I decided (third time is a charm) to make a simple level that will not be overly ambitious and that I could complete work on in a couple weeks and still submit to the project.

The upside is that I have two maps in fairly advanced stages that can be submitted next year.

I'm still planing to update my map before the end of the year with a few fixes and adding some additional monsters base on the feedback I got a few months back.

I'll get this done ether before or after Christmas.  

I think I have a map I could submit. It's really short so I didn't want to release it as a standalone project, but it may be a good fit here.

Author: Lorenz0 (or do I say my real name?)

Map name: Antidote

Compatibility: ZDoom

Playtesting: Zandronum 3.0

Allow jumping and\or crouching: it doesn't matter

Skill settings: No

Build time: A month

Tools used: GZDoombuilder

Resources: BlackGreenTechTexturesPack, nb_silv (I used like 1 texture from each pack)

Music track: Taken from this wad: https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/p-r/qstrsfst

Bugs: None that I'm aware of

Comments: A really short, amateurish map. It's easy, so it should probably go somewhere at the beggining of the megawad.

Download: Antidote.zip

Screenshots:

TAIXbSm.jpg

kH51Dnh.jpg

Yes i do, but when i first did the dmp in 2014 i did need the premission though, but ok guess now it's easier, well i make the best map ever still, Rage 3, i started with that name i shall stick with it

Ok first i did 2014 dmp, then 2015 i skipped i think because i started mapping like 5 min before new years eve and 2016 i did and 2017 is here motherfuckers 

TIC.zip

On 12/21/2017 at 8:47 AM, Lorenz0 said:

I think I have a map I could submit. It's really short so I didn't want to release it as a standalone project, but it may be a good fit here.

Author: Lorenz0 (or do I say my real name?)

Map name: Antidote

Compatibility: ZDoom

Playtesting: Zandronum 3.0

Allow jumping and\or crouching: it doesn't matter

Skill settings: No

Build time: A month

Tools used: GZDoombuilder

Resources: BlackGreenTechTexturesPack, nb_silv (I used like 1 texture from each pack)

Music track: Taken from this wad: https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/p-r/qstrsfst

Bugs: None that I'm aware of

Comments: A really short, amateurish map. It's easy, so it should probably go somewhere at the beggining of the megawad.

Download: Antidote.zip

Screenshots:

TAIXbSm.jpg

kH51Dnh.jpg

I beat your level.

3 hours ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

I beat your level.

It's pretty cool to see my level on youtube, but m8 wtf are those noises?

hello i would like to be a part of this but am incapable of producing maps at any sort of reasonable pace

can I:

1. submit a map that i've previously technically released (even though it was a super long time ago and i've updated it quite a bit)
  2. then continue to work on and update said map and use it in a future actual release

or are these things illegal

I've updated my map, Don't Touch!

(download link)

Now it features many other monsters, ranging from imps to revenants! Most of them are slower, giving you time to react, but can attack you in other ways besides triggering the instakill deathtrap! Also notably, ammo refilling has been made less annoying. Enjoy!

4 hours ago, Ninehills42 said:

Cmon guys, its almost new year. Even the master procrastinators should be finishing their maps soon :)

I'm beyond master, I worked on it for like 3 days at the start of the year and stopped until the 5th of december so far I only  have about a quarter of the map done due to more procrastination

Admittedly, most of my map is yet to be made, but I already have something:

whoUe3u.png

I actually have a bit more than what's shown in the screenshot. I'm once again making a non-linear map this year.