Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
uniQ

New Things...

what kind of new things (items, weapons, features, etc) would you like to see in d3 apart from the new gfx and physics engine?

a lot of hard core d3 fans will now say: nothing else apart from the original - but i say: "been there done that" sucks. i dont want doom1 with just new looks. that would imho be boring.

therefore i'd like to see at least one new weapon, some new enemies, a bunch of new items and some cool story twists.
collectable upgrades for your weapons would be a nice feature, too. e.g. a laser sight for the pistol (cool gfx when theres fog, dust, etc) or a silencer.

New maps would be cool ;)

NO silencer. I hate it when there has to be at least one thief-like part in games today. And if you alarm to many enemies at once a message like Mission Failed appers even if you could handle the enemies. Yack!

And if there would be a silencer, there would propably be one of those. For example Red Faction had one of those and it sucked. Damn Thief :) Laser sight would be cool though.

Well... as I motioned in another thread... I'd like a new weapon... rhymes with “Whale fun”... but I'm not in the mood for a flame war.

other then that, most of the stuff I wanted to be added has been added, (assault rifle, beefed up chain gun,) I.R. goggles would be neat., a flashlight that you could attach to your weapon of choice (you could choose to attach it to your shotty, but one you did, the shotty is stuck with it) , but that unlikely, (to gimmicky for id).

Ct_red_pants said:

[...]a flashlight that you could attach to your weapon of choice (you could choose to attach it to your shotty, but one you did, the shotty is stuck with it) , but that unlikely, (to gimmicky for id).

very gimmicky. i wouldnt like that. a flashlight would be cool and it's a standard inventory item nowadays.

with the silencer upgrade i didnt mean that id should build those sneaky mission types. i hate such missions in a hard core fps.
a silencer would be cool if u try to sneak around a big baddie and have to kill some zombies without making too much noise.

the assault rifle is imho not a very new weapon and its only a better kind of a smg. i meant something totaly new that never showed up in a fps before. e.g. a shockwave rifle just for the gfx would rule (babylon5 effect)! imagine that normal enemies would explode from the inside when you hit them with that gun. this typo gun should not reach very far but when something is near you it will just go *blam&splat* (only the weaker enemies should die instantly)...

DooMer 4ever said:
Damn Thief :)

/me whacks DooMer 4ever in tha back of the head with his black jack.

NO ONE BAD MOUTHS THIEF!!:P

Err, but you're right, The 'sneky bits' in red faction did blow. but I don't see any resion for that kind of thing in doom 3. what, get into a zombie suit and sneak past the cyber demon gaurd? unlikley.

Ct_red_pants said:

I don't see any resion for that kind of thing in doom 3. what, get into a zombie suit and sneak past the cyber demon gaurd? unlikley.

Why wouldn't it be possible? Not the zombie suit part, but the rest. They could well do a scene in witch you must lurk in shades to avoid the monsters.

For example the stamina thing. That kind of thing is usually put to RPG kind of games more often than action games with a lot of shooting. If you lose all your stamina and three angry monsters are chasing you, isn't it possible that you have to hide from them to stay alive?

Cool new weapons, a beefed up chaingun (I'd prefer it to be rather high-ranking) - which I'm sure we'll get, new monsters, old powerups that have a slightly different but still related effect (partial invisibility that isn't retarded), new powerups that ain't retarded.

Uh, dunno right now.

Mods that used the D3 engine's capacity for creating breathtaking atmospheric environment to create something non-FPS, perhaps more Myst-like.

Little Faith said:

Mods that used the D3 engine's capacity for creating breathtaking atmospheric environment to create something non-FPS, perhaps more Myst-like.

nah! u engine-rapist ;)