Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doom Trooper

Accessing the Military Base

I'm having trouble in the Toxin Refinery when attempting to reach the back ledge in the computer room before it raises again and I can't seem to move as fast using the keyboard on my computer Vs. a controller and I need to know if it's possible or can I use a joystick?

As long as you've got 'always run' on, you should be able to make it regardless if you're using a keyboard or gamepad. Try straferunning (running diagonal) to increase your speed. Good luck!

^ This.

Strafe running exponentially increases your speed and is particularly useful for reaching areas that are otherwise impossible by simply running, along many other purposes and tricks.

You shouldn't need to straferun to hit that secret, as long as you clear the room of monsters first.  But to get to the back ledge you might want to go to the side one first, and then the back one when you come back out of there (they lower together).

This not being the first thread OP made regarding somewhat basic stuff from the first episode of the first Doom tells me they are brand new to Doom and experiencing it for the first time and that is fucking awesome

9 hours ago, ETTiNGRiNDER said:

You shouldn't need to straferun to hit that secret, as long as you clear the room of monsters first.  But to get to the back ledge you might want to go to the side one first, and then the back one when you come back out of there (they lower together).

this is what i've always done. first run to the side to get the Soulsphere, then run from that secret area to the other monitor that has the rocket launcher and other stuff in it. i haven't actually tried to run from the stairs to that ledge, so i'm not sure if it's actually impossible to do or not.