Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
94's the best style

A whole year of 4800 Hell Knights! This time, it'll be finished!

Just so i can subscribe to this thread and clarify other things, i will be finishing at least one map for this project.

I've spent the good half of today creating a map inspired by this thread/concept. It's quite the hilarious idea you guys have here. I don't even know if there's spots open, it just sounded like a lot of fun, trying to design with specific rules in place. It's not something I've done before(+ bonus points for my first Co-op designed map.)

That being said, I'm not entirely sure mine fits the criteria anyway? I've found a way to implement the Megasphere(though there will have to be 8 of them, if so), and while it is technically one big room, you do start out inside of a maze of sorts...

Spoiler

48HK1.PNG.209f01d07a67e1f0615168a94b8a225d.PNG

48HK2.png.1949aa9b4c6eca5adf3882edcdd1f2d5.png

48HK3.png.48c5d3d5e3692138cb64c006d848b48a.png

48HK4.png.c67d2960ca727b98f0599f79931e1f20.png

(Still a work in progress. Entirely just a base with no Things in place yet. Need to tidy up with the textures)

@Stripey @Rolpa Due to wonders of Gzdoom and decisions to include a hub and episodes mean that as many can join in as they want, I'm quite lenient on what I allow, as long as you have the knights and the sphere, and don't include Citadel at the edge of eternity before the knight room, I'm good. Your map @Stripey fits the guidelines perfectly well, I can't wait to check out what you make!

Sweet. Put me down for the theme 'An Execution'.

EDIT: Have some shots of a sketch of a map after a couple hours work

Screenshot_Doom_20171228_004038.png

Screenshot_Doom_20171228_004047.png

Edited by Rolpa : Added screenshots

14 hours ago, NaZa said:

As I've said, not happenin'

"Not happenin'" as in you're not making a map?

Or not "not happenin'" as in you have your doubts that a finished and fully compiled version of this CP will ever see the light of day?

1 hour ago, Pegleg said:

"Not happenin'" as in you're not making a map?

Or not "not happenin'" as in you have your doubts that a finished and fully compiled version of this CP will ever see the light of day?

Well I definitely want it to see the light of day (which is why I offered to help lead it with @94's the best style). I would prefer if it didn't stop all together, or kept getting pushed back like some other community project I am thinking of right now ;)

*cough cough*nova3*cough*

I hate to eat my words any bit if I have to, but for the continuous room clause, are closed windows that open allowed since it's kinda as scenery and a sorta monster closet? Or would this be a "door that has a small opening near it so it's not a door" (hallway)?

What's funny is that I've said in the last thread I won't make a map yet I'm still on the list. 

Not happenin. No map from me. 

3 hours ago, danielhday said:

I still want my map slot, same theme as before.

Ask, and you shall receive. It's nice to see that most of the mappers were unfazed by the ten minute cancellation of the project and carried on to this new thread.

@94's the best style

regarding those nice custom monsters, are we still sticking with the select few realm667? Or any of them? I ask because being an aerial map, I would love to have some Afrits in there.

and I would love to add a boss at the end modified from realm667 royalty, but I can live without for the sake of keeping Pandora's box closed if that's the issue

54 minutes ago, DerFurer'sFace said:

@94's the best style

regarding those nice custom monsters, are we still sticking with the select few realm667? Or any of them? I ask because being an aerial map, I would love to have some Afrits in there.

and I would love to add a boss at the end modified from realm667 royalty, but I can live without for the sake of keeping Pandora's box closed if that's the issue

Send everything trough me, so that I can check that the things don't conflict with other things, and if they do, I'll try to post edited versions that shouldn't cause any problems. It also allows me to ensure that nothing egregiously overpowered or crazy gets in, though I'm more lenient if it's funny.

ooo! quick question. are custom powerups allowed? I grabbed a LegendSphere off of Realm 667 and was hoping to use it in the map. It has a limited-time Buddha effect.

1 hour ago, Major Arlene said:

ooo! quick question. are custom powerups allowed? I grabbed a LegendSphere off of Realm 667 and was hoping to use it in the map. It has a limited-time Buddha effect.

Plutonia 2 Map32

Seems like enough support and desire to make maps has stuck around so I don't want to be a little bitch and wimp out. Mark me down with an X for continuing, but I might change my theme... don't know yet. Change my theme to TBD for now.

2 minutes ago, DanielAlexander said:

I want to build a map for this project but im not sure about my theme :|

Eh, what kind of maps do you usually make? For example, if you enjoy making castle maps, make one of those, or a techbase if you like that sort of thing. If you can't think of anything, I suggest Episode 4 of Ultimate Doom.

1 minute ago, 94's the best style said:

Eh, what kind of maps do you usually make? For example, if you enjoy making castle maps, make one of those, or a techbase if you like that sort of thing.

I usually make base maps, but I would like to make something different for this project...

I was thinking about making a cathedral, but idk

10 man hours later and 70 sector tags, I've managed to finish about half of the map, i have a good feeling about it.

also, just out of curiosity sake, how many people in total do we have working right now?

progress 12_30_17.PNG

Progress_1_1_18.PNG

43 minutes ago, DerFurer'sFace said:

10 man hours later and 70 sector tags, I've managed to finish about half of the map, i have a good feeling about it.

also, just out of curiosity sake, how many people in total do we have working right now?

progress 12_30_17.PNG

Progress_1_1_18.PNG

I counted 22 with X, @DanielAlexander is still up in the air. Also, I spy a red baron, (well, almost).