Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Spectre01

Why is infighting broken in cl-1/Current PRBoom+ mode?

I recently tried recording a casual demo in cl-1 and noticed that monster infighting was very different from other modes. Namely, monsters wouldn't infight after taking a hit and continue attacking me. For instance, it took multiple Hell Knight shots to get a Cyber to stop attacking me, without me shooting him first. I believe cl-1 takes into account gameplay options from the menu in PRBoom+, so are there any settings there to flip on/off to make it more normal?

Edited by Spectre01 : Clarification

LOL. To be a little more helpful, here is the menu in question:

fEE1NR6.png

This is in options->setup->enemies.

Well, that was some bad word choice on my part. Clarified the OP post. Monsters would infight, but only after multiple attacks from other enemies. For instance, a Cyber getting mauled by Hell Knights would still prioritize attacking me after killing one, and ignoring the rest scratching him for a few seconds. And that is without me shooting him first. And my enemies menu looks the same as above.

That might be "Monsters don't give up pursuit of targets" (Options - Setup - Doom Compatibility).

But wouldn't it be simpler to use a proper complevel? A lot of these settings options are hangovers from MBF, and unless you're playing a map designed for MBF (hardly any are), then there is little reason not to use the original behaviour (i.e. Doom or Boom depending on the map type).

@Grazza Thanks, that solved the problem! The short, heh, answer is I don't like playing with shorttics; and there is no option for -longtics in -cl9 currently, aside from that branch release with voice support. Considering I'm not an avid Boom speedrunner, I don't feel like getting used to a mouse input type I don't enjoy for the odd occasion I decide to make a casual Boom UV-Max. With -cl-1, I can record something for Boom with an input type that I like.