Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SOSU

WADs that do caves and cities right?

I am looking for WADs to get inspiration for cave environments and cities from,can you recommend me any? (I prefer Heretic WAD recommendations over Doom ones but both are fine)

ABBEY3.wad for Heretic does both, it was one of my favorite wads back in the early 90's.

It starts in a small fishing village (only 3 or 4 buildings but well detailed for the time) complete with player start in a little boat

The second level has caves, and again they are relatively small maps, but the real standout section is a valley with cave entrances on either side. It feels like some den carved out by monks or something like that.

In my honest opinion most community made maps for Heretic had horrible cave levels.

Riot Control by Dutch Devil for Doom had a very good cave segment on the last level.

Hyperion Invasion by Kenon had some good city architecture.

Heretic Treasure Chest E2M8 by Rf was a very well done cave.

HYMN: A Heretic Community Project E1M7 by Xaser was a humongous city map.

Icebound by Christopher Lutz had some wonderful cave action.

Heretic - Curse of D'sparil by Kristian 'Kristus' Käll maps E3M2 and E3M4 are my top favorites in the wad. E3M2 was set in a nice medieval city.

Eternal DOOM IV: Return from Oblivion Map27 by Espi for doom, Everyone should check out this map. It has it all, is extremely well crafted and is just freaking amazing.

Pinchy's Alfonzone has pretty good city maps in its episodes 1, 4, and 5 and even a part of episode 10.

For Heretic cave maps, check out Pablo Dictter's River of Fire series.

Steep Town is a decent city-styled map. Or town-styled is a better way to describe it.

Great map that uses city textures well.

On 12/30/2017 at 3:44 AM, Spectre01 said:

Just popping in here to say Hellbound has the best city maps of all time.

A worthy pop-in, if I must say so myself...