Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Captain Red

Close combat!!

Favorite id melee weapon?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite id melee weapon?

• Wolfenstein 3Ds knife
    • Dooms Fist (with or without Bizerker patch)
    • Dooms Chainsaw
    • Quakes battle-axe
    • Quake IIs (Ground Zero) Chainsaw
    • Quake III Arenas Gantlet
    • Return to Castle Wolfensteins knife

Piss on them all, gimme the mighty boot with a bottle of steroids (Duke 3d) and I'll whoop anything.

Never played Q2-Ground Zero. Q3A guantlet was just some trinket. I want Redneck Rampage's Buzzsaw! Fling it or swing it, kicks ass either way!

bigbadgangsta said:

Piss on them all, gimme the mighty boot with a bottle of steroids (Duke 3d) and I'll whoop anything.

haha, the boot. dual boot action was the best. Duke's terrible diet of raunchy mexican food is the only thing that keeps him afloat. lol

oh as for my pick, throwing a monster across the room with a single berserk punch is unbeatable

My first choice would be the powered up Gauntlets of the Necromancer from Heretic, but that's not on the list. Those thing can sap the life out of the enemy and heal you with it. If you do it right, you can even kill a Maulotaur just by using these before the Tome of Power wears off.

Well I'm a big fan of the quake 3 Gauntlet. not only dose it have a lovely smash sound when used, but I get a lovely gooey feeling whenever I here the announcer say "Humiliation!". JOY!

Gimme Lo Wang's katana, or even his fists. Call me crazy, but it's kinda satisfying seeing your melee weapon coated with your enemy's blood ('til you wash it off), and seeing your foes sliced clean in two.

Fists + Smoke Bomb = "I'm kicking your ass and I'm not even touching you! It's insane!"

bigbadgangsta said:

Bah, kicking is just another way of punching if you ask me.

I think my all-time favorite is Doom's chainsaw followed closely by the berserker punch. Slicing the crap outta demons is just such a kickass experience and splattering imps with the berserker is incredibly fun too.

Personally, I tend to think that knives are too common, but I actually like the way the RtCW knife works - if you get them in the back, they die instantly without a sound, muhahahaha!!!

Btw, I think the title of this thread is kinda misleading - close combat could just as well involve putting a shell in your enemy's body at point blank range. The title should rather have involved the term 'melee combat' if you ask me.

Berserk fist! SPLATT! nothing beats rock!

my other favorites:

Quietus (at close range)

Heretic's powered up gauntlets

Lo Wang's katana

Unreal tournament's Impact Hammer

Blood's pitchfork

I like the katana too. Q2's Chainfist would be cool if you just sat back with it as opposed to swinging it like a maniac. The best is still the berserk fist though...Imps splatter and fly across the room!

I enjoy beating the shit out of the enemy using the Fighter's fists in Hexen. Besides that, the Timon's Axe and the Hammer of Retribution are also quite cool.