Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

Post your Doom textures!

Hey those look pretty cool.

You should make a couple more so they blend from dark to light, like half and half versions.

Then you could create pathways and such in a map with them.

For a second there I thought those were support trims or door tracks. They still look nice.

14 hours ago, RonLivingston said:

I invented black lights

29GmxcW.png

If you're going for actual black lights, then it would have a purplish hue, much like the skull in your avatar. It also causes some things to glow. That would be a fun trick to try, making something glow like a 80's college poster whenever it walks into a black light sector.

6 hours ago, Ichor said:

If you're going for actual black lights, then it would have a purplish hue, much like the skull in your avatar. It also causes some things to glow. That would be a fun trick to try, making something glow like a 80's college poster whenever it walks into a black light sector.

oh yes. i can do that, I'm already building a map so i'd thought i would do a black light sector with violet sector color too

some of the raw wood patches were in the art dump, so why not do this:

UiJFYtV.png

its not 100% perfect but its pretty nice. I didn't just want to shift the skull overlay since it has a pretty nice shadow that would be hard to move. Instead I moved the wood over some and filled in the missing details.

Just now, Mr.Rocket said:

@RonLivingston, make them the color of your Skull avatar man!

Then they wouldn't be in the vanilla palette.

so during my adventures in gluing stuff together I accidentally made my own take on better BROWN144. Kinda

MHl6sGl.png

I was trying to figure out what was used to make the base texture seen in FIREMAGx, and I noticed its just some of the brown patches and a sort of combo brown/metal texture found in the press release beta. Makes a kind of decent BROWN144 drop-in, though Jimmy's is definitely still better.

but I guess if you want to make an animation of FIREMAG starting up or something this is the texture for you

and while I'm at this nonsense with FIREMAG, how about a "Make your own burning wall texture" kit

1WVFsyP.png

I have no idea why the transparency didn't upload right.

Edited by InsanityBringer

I've been following this DM MegaWAD club thread and the play through of Darkening E2 inspired me to recreate some of the textures, to do away with some of the eyesore dithering and weird shading.

OWALL316.gif.dbbac8b5b6c9df5cb4df5a1941a38cb4.gif

Hi folks,

I'm working on a Lovecraft WAD, and Lovecraft always talks about Cyclopean walls whenever the Old Ones show up.  Here's a first pass (using the photo in the Wiki article and this photo as reference).  I kind of feel like the contrast isn't quite right.  Most of the Doom textures seem to have a much smoother change in color than what I have.  Anyway, any feedback is welcome.

CYCLOP27.png

Well the lighting seems to be all over the place. Looks like an MS Paint job too.

I'd suggest working in true color and then converting instead of penciling with palette colors directly. Maybe also use photosourcing?

My only gripe with that texture set is that some look very blurred compared to others and I feel it'll probably be noticeable in game.

yeah I think imgur did that because it was a big image. 

On 12/29/2017 at 9:19 PM, Dragonfly said:

My only gripe with that texture set is that some look very blurred compared to others and I feel it'll probably be noticeable in game.

Good point.  I ran the Sharpen filter on them in GIMP and it did improve some.  I think I'll just use them in my map now and see what feedback comes in.  Thanks for the reply and sorry for the long delay.