Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
S|aVe.3rN.

So its true ? :\

the betas and crap really leaked out :\ *sigh* thats such a shame , no im not here to post links or support it , i find it a grand shame that its accually happend , doom 3 was one of those games i would see that would never be leaked , but i guess i was wrong , :\ , im not in support of the leak at all , even tho i have the greatest hunger for doom 3 , i want it , i need it , i crave for it lol , but i cant just take it from behind id software like that .., its a shame , well to put some point in this post , what are your views on the past few days of whats been coming out with doom 3 ? what are your thoughts on the issue ?

Obviously, Doomworld does not support these leaked screenshots and beta either as posting them is an instant ban, as Burzum or whatever found out.

I remember when the quake 1 beta was leaked. man... id was PISSED. I don't blame 'em.

err, offtopic, what's the story behind MaCvILeWhOrE's "MY LADDER IS BIG"?

Ichor said:

That term is so overused, it's almost become a cliche.

What? Ban? Ok, we'll call it "the user removal system". Does that cater to your tastes?

Oh, 'racist'? OK, let's start using "facist lamer" instead. Do you like it now?

AirRaid said:

Allow me a 'Heh.'

You are allowed your heh and I may allow myself a heh.

can we still talk about what's in the leaked beta? and I bet this Moderator downloaded it.

No and no I haven't.

I don't like racism any more than the next guy, but I've seen people call others raciss simply because they either don't like them of if they're a little obnoxious. After a while, it loses its meaning.

And I don't think anyone wants to talk about what's in the "unofficial" beta or screenshots. I'd rather wait for the real thing.

myk said:
Oh, 'racist'? OK, let's start using "facist lamer" instead. Do you like it now?

How about Nazi maggot? Conservative moron?

People will stop using the word racist when Conservative morons stop giving us reason to.

Umm, but I'm going to play some RtCW now, to take out my frustrations and stop short of starting a flame war. That’s what R&P is for.

Err but that's not here nor there... except to say, the that the only thing lower then the assholes who leaked the beta, are Gutter crawling nazi maggots.

I can understand that you want to be loyal id minions, but on the other hand a leaked Doom3 alpha is of course most interesting for every Doom fan. Isn´t an instant ban a bit extreme? He just wanted to share the news with us I guess.

*Agrees*
By the way, isn't it a strange coincidence that it 'leaked' on Halloween?
Almost sounds like a gift from ID, a smart marketing-trick.

exactly...it leaking on halloween is far too much of a coincidence. I really don't understand this overly heavy-handed approach to comments about the beta, as this "leaking" has happened with pretty much every Id game I can remember. It's simply a cunning marketing strategy, as it does no harm whatsoever, and only furthers the hype surrounding the game.

I for one see nothing wrong with downloading the beta version, as I have every intention of buying the full game as soon as it becomes available.

Cervant

Tetzlaff said:

I can understand that you want to be loyal id minions, but on the other hand a leaked Doom3 alpha is of course most interesting for every Doom fan. Isn´t an instant ban a bit extreme? He just wanted to share the news with us I guess.

Well, like with the "bootleg" video (the leaked video of the E3 presentation), this shit is illegal, meaning that id does not want this shit to be spread, which again means that we here at DW have an obligation to keep it off the site so as to keep DW true to its status as "the most respected Doom site on the net".

This is best enforced by ensuring immediate removal of any links, pics whatever posted on the forums as well as banning the culprit. I'm sure though that those who get banned for posting these links, will be allowed back in eventually, but as of now, they're suffering the consequences of breaking the rules.

Regard it as a parallel to breaking the law in real life. No-one and I MEAN No one should get away from breaking the rules unpunished.

On another note, this thread is moving in an unpleasant direction - it's not the thread author's fault (because the topic is decent enough though carries a slight danger of flammability), but I do not want to see those complaints against preventing the spread of the illegal material because it is illegal material, which kinda speaks for itself.

The next person who complains about us not allowing links/pics to the leaked material will find his post deleted. Clear?

everyones saying the beta is a fake..hell this beta word gets me so cocky i think just saying it will get me banned

FYI, yesterday Bigbadgangsta was the one who was the most anxious to get hold of the alpha/shots :)

it's real, it's an ALPHA. v0.02

Yeah, I wonder if this really is part of Id's marketing strategy. I mean, how could someone actually get at this stuff? If they hacked in, Id Software probably would have announced it and it would be on the news even. Did someone break in and steal some harddrives? Someone said these guys always take their harddrives with them.... that sounds kinda paranoid but maybe it's true.

Doesn't matter. I want the ALPHA but I'm definately going to buy the game no matter what I see before hand. Cuz I know it's going to ROCK!!

!!@@!@#$@!#AHHHH!!!!

Actually, I think most leaks are actually done from the publishers end, because the publisher would ask for status on the project every now and then, this time an alpha was presented to the publisher, and someone on in that company has thought "Yeah, Gamers are gonna love this little item I have here" and put it and some shots online, and it spirals from there, much to the annoyance of the company making the game.

Wow, the user count is rising. I bet it's because of this leak.

But no one can comment on those screenshots. This is going to cause some trouble i'm afraid :(

I mean, should we pretend they don't exist?

I also believe that this leak could have been intended. Free marketing.

Fredrik said:

FYI, yesterday Bigbadgangsta was the one who was the most anxious to get hold of the alpha/shots :)

Without double standards we couldn't live together.