Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Man of Doom

New Doomguy Cosplay Helmet (for Shin Doomguy)

New Cosplay Helmet  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What color should the new helmet be?

• Green (current color; Doom 2016)
    • Beige (more recognizable; classic Doom)
    • Grayish-Black (consistent palette; Quake Champions)

Since I can’t edit an existing topic to include a poll, I figured to just make another thread. 

So yesterday (as of this thread’s creation), I just received a new cosplay helmet.

However, the main issue here is just how to paint said helmet, and what color it should be. I’ve tried asking around every possible community I could find so far (Instagram, Discord, etc.), but there doesn’t seem to be a consensus on what color this helmet should ultimately be. 

In the poll, the three options are:

Green (the helmet’s current color, and apparently the most popular option on Instagram so far; only real issue is that I could end up being mistaken for Master Chief far more easily, not to mention that the Doomslayer’s helmet being green is a surprisingly common misconception)

Beige (for a more recognizable look, and supposedly the real color of the Doomslayer’s helmet; I just purchased some matte spray paint of this color, and this is the actual color of the Doomslayer’s helmet, albeit a very subtle shade of brown/beige)

Grayish-Black (to give my overall cosplay a more consistent palette, but I may not be as recognizable)

What’s your take on this issue?

Edited by Man of Doom