Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scuba Steve

Cacowards 2018 Mentionation Thread (don't toot your own horn ffs)

Dang! I'm flattered on the mention -- the lion's share of the work was indeed done in years past, though, so take that as you will.

I'm gonna fire right back and mentionate Bad Religion, which is a recent release and is quite badass. Not that I'm biased or anything. :P

Honestly, I consider Sharp Things a 2015 release that only got parked at idgames now. Xaserian dev cycles make the eligibility policies a bit fuzzy though, heh.

I'm gonna vote for Retribution Dawns. It's a simple vanilla levelset that attempts to have the levels take place in an interconnected world. Also, are you allowed to mention your own WAD?

22 minutes ago, bioshockfan90 said:

Breach already won an award a few years back.

This was just released on the 30th.  ???

1 hour ago, Brad_tilf said:

I just played (and reviewed on Doom Wad Station) what I think may end up being the winner of this years award.

It's called Breach. Author: Viggles.

http://www.doomwadstation.net/2018/breach/ (link is in the left column, next to the review). I just have to say - Breathtaking.

31 minutes ago, Eris Falling said:

It was only uploaded to idgames on the 30th, but it is nearly 3 years old.

See also Xaserian release cycles 😅 I'm gratified that people are rediscovering it now, but Breach was released in 2015 (and reviewed on Doom WAD station in 2016!) and I just held off on calling it done out of fear of letting go.

Something I should've done with my wad. I often regret having it on /idgames while I'm so not entirely happy with it. On the other hand, I still can't do things I'd like to see in it, and I don't know when I'll can.

34 minutes ago, Viggles said:

See also Xaserian release cycles 😅 I'm gratified that people are rediscovering it now, but Breach was released in 2015 (and reviewed on Doom WAD station in 2016!) and I just held off on calling it done out of fear of letting go.

Splains why I don't remember it. I didn't do the review. Well, now it's reviewed twice. lol

So, I'm glad I played it.

4 hours ago, RileyXY1 said:

I'm gonna vote for Retribution Dawns. It's a simple vanilla levelset that attempts to have the levels take place in an interconnected world. Also, are you allowed to mention your own WAD?

It's frowned upon.

53 minutes ago, Obsidian said:

It's frowned upon.

I just want my wad to get more exposure. I thought that if I put it here then people will play it.

This thread is for nominations for the awards ceremony held at the end of each year, not for self-promotion. Use your existing thread for that or maybe post screenshots in some of the designated threads to garner attention, but please don't try to self-promote in here.

6 minutes ago, Obsidian said:

This thread is for nominations for the awards ceremony held at the end of each year, not for self-promotion. Use your existing thread for that or maybe post screenshots in some of the designated threads to garner attention, but please don't try to self-promote in here.

Sorry. I did nominate it though.

I feel like you're missing the point a smidgen.

Just...don't nominate your own work. These nominations are to discern the community's top picks for potential awards and it's kind of obvious that the creator of a wad is going to have bias towards their own creation. It has infinitely more merit if someone else nominates your work.

Now, to get things on track I'm going to nominate The Revenant Problem for the Machaward. :)

6 hours ago, Brad_tilf said:

I just played (and reviewed on Doom Wad Station) what I think may end up being the winner of this years award.

It's called Breach. Author: Viggles.

Bless your soul, good sir, I needed that laugh. Though probably not the other people sleeping in this building at 1am.

On 1/1/2018 at 5:38 PM, Obsidian said:

I feel like you're missing the point a smidgen.

Just...don't nominate your own work. These nominations are to discern the community's top picks for potential awards and it's kind of obvious that the creator of a wad is going to have bias towards their own creation. It has infinitely more merit if someone else nominates your work.

Now, to get things on track I'm going to nominate The Revenant Problem for the Machaward. :)

This one has to win something Cacoward related.  It's just so worthy of one.

Super Mayhem 2017 was fun when I played it a year ago, but it was still missing maps at that time.  I'm unsure if it was ever in consideration back then, but it's close to it's formal release now so i'll mentionate it again.

I think we should stop mourning for the Mockaward category, or at least mourn it somewhere else...