Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

3 hours ago, Da Werecat said:

GZDoom has ambient occlusion now.

Fuck, I wish I could run it. It absolutely does not work on my PC. I can't even run Boom.

18 minutes ago, CWolf said:

When you set up atmosphere just right

tqgXbXY.png

92e.png

23 minutes ago, jmickle66666666 said:

Screenshot 2018-01-02 17.26.01.png

At the moment, at least, it has a rather Entryway type of feel to looking at it, minus the Cyberdemon, of course. I like it.

6 minutes ago, Pegleg said:

At the moment, at least, it has a rather Entryway type of feel to looking at it, minus the Cyberdemon, of course. I like it.

( that's tnt map01 )

Felt like sharing some stuff here:

j0dzSnq.png

Here's my Doomworld Mega Project 2017 map as inspired by Scythe. Shouldn't be too long before it gets released with the other maps.

bKSYY8U.gif

Here's a reverse-trap in response to people who expressed dislike for obvious traps (forgot to fix that upper unpegged texture before making this gif).

V4CVXdi.png

I made a Star Fox experiment WAD a long time ago to test out XWE when I was newer to mapping, and I thought to give it another shot with something Star Wolf-related this time. Don't know how to make this weapon look less like a paper cutout (also no maps to show for this just yet).

9WrCpNy.gif

Wolf's blaster as a pistol replacement.

1 hour ago, jmickle66666666 said:

Screenshot 2018-01-02 17.26.01.png

That's amazing!  A genuinely attractive way of showing off a map, great job!

Is this something you're looking to release publicly?  I'd love to see what some of the more well known Doom maps out there would look like through this.

12 hours ago, Pirx said:

Looks spooky!

Thanks. That's perfect because I'm taking the over-all feel of the System Shock games as inspiration.

Currently it only supports Doom (and I guess Boom?) map format, supporting each and every GZDoom UDMF feature sounds like,,, a lot of work hahaha.

Still, I hope to get at least some support for different formats and features in there! Just takes a while since I'm doing it all from scratch.

2 hours ago, K3K said:

Some pictures I took during a Memento Mori playthrough.

I hated that room with the pinkies, I saw it as some kind of mockery since there even is a berserk to refill your health. Something like "Hey, we're just going to hurt you really, really bad, so here's a berserk to refill your health after the orgy". I also felt that this was one of the maps which really dragged on, being unnecessarily long.

14 minutes ago, Agent6 said:

I hated that room with the pinkies, I saw it as some kind of mockery since there even is a berserk to refill your health. Something like "Hey, we're just going to hurt you really, really bad, so here's a berserk to refill your health after the orgy". I also felt that this was one of the maps which really dragged on, being unnecessarily long.

Haha, I actually got mauled the first two times I made it to that room. Very annoying indeed. As a whole though, MM1 and MM2 are sooooo fun to play on UV.

40 minutes ago, Myst.Haruko said:

Just testing map limits, it seems I should reduce some stuff in map.

Really digging the colors going on in this picture, plus that pentagram looks sweet!