Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brad_tilf

Hellraiser updated

For quite some time I have been bothered by linedef difficulties in the Zdoom version of Hellraiser. To fix that I discovered I had to load all the levels (30 of them) individually or zdoom screws up some of the original linedefs since the levels were created from previously doom2 only files. I have updated my download on my site with a batch file that does just that. And, I added new pages to the site with more information on the TC. I also let out one of my unknown secrets (the cheatcode for clipping). I did change all the cheat codes just cuz.
You can also download the Doom2/Doom95 version there.
There is information on the people involved in creating the tc, screen pics and more. Check it out: http://doomwadstation.web1000.com

go to the Hellraiser pages link!

Wow, does this mean you can actually finish all the levels?

Now if only the textures were sorted out so they didn't make half the levels look daft.

Well, I guess everybody is entitled to their opinion on the appearance of the levels. I thought they looked pretty good, but I'm sure some stuff got missed. It was a huge project.
As far as finishing the game. I'm surprised you couldn't finish. there were some problems with linedefs after the conversion to Zdoom but most of them were mere annoyances. Anyway - I hope you enjoy it.
I'm out

That link still doesn't work for me - it just dumps me into http://www.web1000.com/. Ultimate DooMer reported the same problem in another thread, so it's not just me. Perhaps it might work better if you gave a link direct to the Hellraiser page. Then again, maybe not.

Grazza said:

That link still doesn't work for me - it just dumps me into http://www.web1000.com/. Ultimate DooMer reported the same problem in another thread, so it's not just me. Perhaps it might work better if you gave a link direct to the Hellraiser page. Then again, maybe not.

Yeah, I have the same problem.

BTW, I do have a question about Hellraiser I've been meaning to ask: who did the skeleton and black dragon sprites? If you worked from a base, where did they come from?

Well, you could try this link for the hellraiser page but honestly, I don't know why you're having a problem. Anyway - its http://doomwadstation.web1000.com/hr.html

As for the sprites - they were done by Jeremy Stepp and honestly I don't know how or where they came from. I don't know if he did them from scratch or used something else as a base and he disappeared completely soon after completion of the project so I don't know how to get ahold of him either.

How is it that a couple of you can't access that site?
What browser are you using?
try this. I have another front page on Geocities which leads into the main site so try this:
http://www.geocities.com/brad_tilf/
maybe the links there will help you go in.
I don't recognize those wad names. I only reviewed stuff that was submitted to me and I still have a long way to go on getting the old stuff up before I'm ready for new stuff.
The fact that you can't get into the site is baffling me.
Most people have no problem at all..
hmmm, weird...

Have you tried just typing the address in the ie addy bar?
I don't get shit sometimes.
the site is working fine and has almost 800 page views on the main page since last week so it seems to be working fine for most people.
wtf?
How about trying netscape?
I'm out of ideas.

Hellraiser sprite analysis:

Zombieman/Skinless guy: Probably self-made.

Shotgunner/Mini-pinhead: Pinhead (obviously).

Chaingunner/Rocker-type: Dunno. Maybe self-made.

Imp/Bug: Recoloured genestealer from the ancient Space Hulk TC.

Demon/Skeleton: I dunno. Maybe self-made. Maybe based on some clip-art/animation.

Spectre/Invisible skeleton: The same as the above.

Lost soul/Skull: The same as the above (the lost soul is cool in all it's simplicity).

Cacodemon/Cenobite: Probably self-made.

Hell Knight/Super Bitch: Probably self-made. (The sprite should have been bigger).

Baron of Hell/Bitch: Same as above.

Pain Elemental/Mutant: Probably self-made (obviously with a 3d program).

Revenant/Lost Soul: Probably self-made.

Mancubus/Dark Monk: Probably self-made.

Arachnotron/Cenobite: Probably self-made.

Arch Vile/Satan's Pet: Stuka Bat. (Isn't that a creature from Half Life?).

Mastermind/Satan: Probably self-made (with a 3d program).

Cyberdemon/Mega-Pinhead: Pinhead obviously.

SS-Nazis/Commandos: I dunno, maybe self-made.

quote: Arch Vile/Satan's Pet: Stuka Bat. (Isn't that a creature from Half Life?).

Well, the guy who designed the graphics for the Hellraiser TC also did the graphics for the Half Life TC so probably.

EDIT: I just downloaded Netscape and guess what:

IT WORKS :)

Isn't that goddam bizarre?
So did you like the site? did it all show up correctly?

Well, just out of curiosity I downloaded the netscape browser. The pages appear pretty much as they do in ie except that on some of the pages the background is supposed to be static, meaning that it doesn't scroll with the rest of the page but it does in Netscape and not in IE. things that make you go hmmmm

5 hours ago, cyan0s1s said:

Oh my god a 15 year old thread bump I'm losing my shit.

To put it in perspective, there is a non zero chance the thread is older than @icon_of_sin is.

Edited by Edward850

This thread is for the Hellraiser total conversion, the link you posted was for a deathmatch level that looked awful.

2 different wads and Effingham's link is correct for the total conversion. 

By any chance did icon_of_sin use a fucking time machine? Where we still used Doomsday, Mac, and thought monsters added to a deathmatch map constituted as a single player level?