Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hexatadomon

Brutal Oblige level script issue

I just got brutal oblige to work and create the new options needed to enhance the game, but I'm having a scripting issue that I'm trying to resolve. I have Doom 1, 2, Plutonia, Evilution, Freedom (Phase 1+2) and Satan's whisper (which I had thought may be causing at least one of my scripting issues when I was choosing different themes trying to troubleshoot. Basically, the main error I'm seeing when I try to build levels in a full game is:

Script error: internal error: unknown_OB_theme: wolf

I'm completely stuck, so I must be missing something. Has anyone encountered this before? I haven't found anything online as of yet.

I can't run Brutal Oblige at all, I follow the instructions on the Github, download it as a zip, put everything inside the BrutalOblige-Master folder into a zip, rename it into a .pk3, put it in the addon folder and I keep getting a "Unable to load script "modules.brutaldoom.lua" moduules/brutaldoom.lua:1696: attempt to index field "?" (a nil value)"

No idea what's up, hopefully someone can give us a hand, eh?

You can use Oblige normally without any extra script addons meant for BD. That's how in my day (2011-2014) when I still used the mod I just offsetted the monster info to make up for the extra damage they dealt.

4 hours ago, Glaice said:

You can use Oblige normally without any extra script addons meant for BD. That's how in my day (2011-2014) when I still used the mod I just offsetted the monster info to make up for the extra damage they dealt.

What does that mean in the context of using monsters that brutal oblige offers? Say, I wanted to add a dark imp or something. How would I manually add such a thing into the ordinary oblige (if I'm understanding you correctly...)

4 hours ago, Nukesnipe said:

I can't run Brutal Oblige at all, I follow the instructions on the Github, download it as a zip, put everything inside the BrutalOblige-Master folder into a zip, rename it into a .pk3, put it in the addon folder and I keep getting a "Unable to load script "modules.brutaldoom.lua" moduules/brutaldoom.lua:1696: attempt to index field "?" (a nil value)"

No idea what's up, hopefully someone can give us a hand, eh?

That would be nice! I did contact the author. We're troubleshooting, but in the meantime I'm removing the files so that way I can play with no issues. Well, there is one. Any time I add an SS nazi, it instead adds a headless zombie guy. All those wads I've made that were met to feature them get replaced. I have no idea how to fix that.

6 hours ago, Glaice said:

I am aware of this, yes, but I'm assuming that the addon optimizes Oblige for all the stuff BD/PB adds.  I'm running an Oblige game right now, and it's clear that the maps don't generate with jumping in mind, for instance.  Also, none of the PB stuff like upgrades or higher tier weapons are spawning.

That sounds like the job of modifying weapons.lua (weapon spawning), pickups.lua (items, ammo and powerups), entities.lua (info for Oblige to know they exist) and monsters.lua (monster information)