Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xaser

1993res.wad [v3]

Sorry for bumping this thread, but these are questions relevant to the project. Are there any plans to make a new version of this wad? Suggestions to what to add to this includes the Blob monster and the new textures etc. from Romero's April Doom Dump. Also, would it be in the scope of the project to include alpha/beta maps and unreleased music?

Bumping this because I would like to know whether or not a "definitive" version exists which you can just drop into an editor, containing all sprites and textures and flats.

Not just yet. I'd kinda forgotten about it and it doesn't yet have Romero's latest batch of stuff. If there's interest, I may circle back around to mucking about with it.

Since I posted this, fraggle made a git repo containing a bunch of the stuff, but it's still a lot of loose files rather than a usable resource. The latter direction kinda makes the most sense for this particular project, to set it apart from other collections.

The file-dump in this folder has a ton of new stuff, for instance. You'll need an image viewer/converter that can read .lbm files, though.

Seems there's definitely interest in a usable drop-in resource. I'll get to tinkering with this again since I'm in "finish stuff and release final versions" mode. :P

I wanted to compile a thing, but I wanted to carefully restore the original texture repository preserving all the texture/patch/flat names. Seemed like a lot of boring grind so I never even started.