Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
icedragon

I can't get Legacy to work, please help

I downloaded a old doom version into my directory and downloaded a was file, i opened legacy launcher, i put the execute file on top and goto the was for the second bar, the screen runs up and says 14 errors or something found in dehacked file.........where do i fix this issue? it never launcches just says joy stick shutting down then nothing.

Why use legacy, when you can use eternity,gzdoom or prboom+ and they will work without flaws.

5 minutes ago, Myst.Haruko said:

Why use legacy, when you can use eternity,gzdoom or prboom+ and they will work without flaws.

ok let me try

16 minutes ago, icedragon said:

ok let me try

ok i downloaded it......now when i press the prboom it says cant find iwad....where are the iwadfiles to download the new doom>?

i checked the old file of where doom legacy is i saw prboom there i opened it and it opened doom 1 which i downloaded which i dont want to play, i want to play all the new files that ppl have created

Get Doom iwads(Doom or Doom II,Final Doom) from steam or other places, which I can't tell. Put them in prboom+(or other source port) folder. Download random vanilla or boom compatible wad and drag and drop over port. You can use zdl launcher or run wads from command line if you know how.

1 hour ago, icedragon said:

i want to play all the new files that ppl have created

• Download GZDoom
  • Put your iwads (doom.wad, doom2.wad, etc) in your GZDoom folder.
  • Download some wads from the net. Place them in your GZDoom folder as well.
  • Simply drag and drop your .WAD, .PK3 or .DEH files of choice onto the GZDoom program.

This should boot the game and load your selected wads. Any further issues, feel free to ask.

EDIT: I would only recommend Doom Legacy if you wish to play Vanilla/Boom compatible WADs in splitscreen mode with a friend. GZDoom tends to be the port of choice for people who just want to do some single-player Dooming with whatever mapsets and modifications they want.

14 minutes ago, DoomGater said:

Doesn't this in the first line belong into \sourceports\ ??

Yes.

Also, allcaps = NO.

5 hours ago, Doomkid said:
  • Put your iwads (doom.wad, doom2.wad, etc) in your GZDoom folder.

You won't even need to do that. Typically people nowadays get their IWADs from Steam and/or GOG, and GZDoom will find them automatically.

9 hours ago, Doomkid said:

Simply drag and drop your .WAD, .PK3 or .DEH files of choice onto the GZDoom program.

Wouldn't a front end like ZDL make this step irrelevant?

ZDL or ZDE? It would. As well as putting your IWAD into the source port's directory. But for those who don't want to use a frontend will want to either drag and drop or have fun making shortcuts.