Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Impie

Realms of Dr. Chaos (For Heretic/Gzdoom)

Play as Mick Chaos, brother to the slightly demented Dr. Chaos, and shoot your way through 3 action/puzzle maps as you solve whatever weird inter-dimensional kerfuffle the good doctor has caused this time. Features a new weapon (Colt .45 Automatic, replaces the elf wand) and a new monster (Serpathor, replaces the useless Ophidian). Read the included pdf for the detailed story, helpful clues, and useless trivia.

DISCLAIMER: These maps are not straightforward shooty maps. You HAVE to use your brain to solve/survive them. UV is for Dr. Chaos veterans ONLY, so newbies and youtubers, proceed at your own peril.

DOWNLOAD IF YOU DARE

Episodes:

dr-chaos-5.png?w=1000&h=

Bungalow of Dr. Chaos – Mick returns from the Great War to find a letter waiting for him from his brother Dr. Chaos, begging for his help in closing a series of unstable dimensional portals.

dr-chaos-10.png?w=1000&h=

Dr. Chaos Strikes Back – Mick is perturbed to learn that the Turkish bath he helped Dr. Chaos build is being used by the doctor to deliver water to a dying desert planet, with predictable space-time continuum disrupting results. Now the bath house/dimensional engine has gone haywire and must be shut down before worlds collide.

dr-chaos-4.png?w=1000&h=

City of Chaos – Mick accidentally breaks a delicate dimensional device in the city of Dander, Norway and splits the city into three different timelines. He must explore them to find the missing pieces of the machine and restore the space-time continuum.

Edited by Impie

See, I knew I could trust my base intuition and irresponsibly delay the release of our podcast for yet another week. This looks like fun, and if nothing else it's great to see you applying your telltale design to the outer IWADs.

14 minutes ago, Alfonzo said:

See, I knew I could trust my base intuition and irresponsibly delay the release of our podcast for yet another week. This looks like fun, and if nothing else it's great to see you applying your telltale design to the outer IWADs.

It's been a lot of fun modding for Heretic, so I'm sure to stick with it for awhile.

It should also be noted that Strikes Back and City of Chaos both feature reimagined maps from Chasm: The Rift, which I'd initially planned to just give the doom conversion treatment, but thought they'd be more at home if I used them here. So if you wanna see some Chasm maps reimagined in the doom engine, this is one place to see it.

EDIT: I'm uploading a more recent video within the hour, so hang tight folks.

Edited by Impie

I'm disappointed that its not a mod base on the NES game...or is it?

Dr__Chaos_209.gif 

3 hours ago, Philnemba said:

I'm disappointed that its not a mod base on the NES game...or is it?

very very loosely. mostly in the name, relation to the titular doctor, and the dimensional travel aspect that i often use in my creative projects anyway.

Mick is perturbed to learn that the Turkish bath he helped Dr. Chaos build is being used by the doctor to deliver water to a dying desert planet

Oh no, someone is... helping the environment :o!!! Woe is me!

3 hours ago, therektafire said:

Oh no, someone is... helping the environment :o!!! Woe is me!

Less that he's helping, more that he's disrupting the space-time continuum again, with predictably unstable results.

1 hour ago, Impie said:

Less that he's helping, more that he's disrupting the space-time continuum again, with predictably unstable results.

I know, I was just joking lol

A few minor updates in the latest version. E2 was a little too easy on normal difficulty so I pumped it up a little, and made a few aesthetic changes. Swapped a couple music tracks in E3 as well.

Also I've been posting annotated youtube walkthroughs periodically if anyone is stuck or wants to know how to get the phoenix rod in Episode 1 or 2. Makes life easier.