Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Phade102

Confinement Community Project. (Project Released!) (Boom Compatible!)

Oh well, I will do it for myself and see if file size is increased to 50 mb with maintenance. Also, you can quote multiply people in one post or mention them. It saves space.

25 minutes ago, Myst.Haruko said:

Oh well, I will do it for myself and see if file size is increased to 50 mb with maintenance. 

Given CC4-Tex in it's entirety is about 25Mb IIRC, I think it should be ok.

While I did read the readme and knew to load CC4 tex without issue, I kind of agree it should be merged. CC4 is a great texture pack, but it's not so ubiquitous every single Doom player knows what it is. 

I remember a couple of years back when I was new to modern Doom wads seeing a community project that needed CC4 and having no idea what it meant. I presumed it was something advanced and technical and moved on, as it clearly wasn't for me.

4 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

I completely disagree. Why merge a texture pack into the project when it's one that a large quantity of doomers already have on their harddrive? I agree that an 'alternate merged version' could be an option but it's not uncommon for projects that make use of a single texture pack (especially CC4) to simply say 'requires xxxxxxxx.wad'. :)

I imagine how some G/ZDoom users will launch this wad and complaining about black textures 😂

I think OP needs to add permanent links to cc4 textures for downloading.

if Everyone is willing to give me a day or two, I will merge cc4 tex into the wad. It was not my intention to cause any drama or harm, nor was I cutting corners. I simply thought CC4 tex wasn't required to be in the wad file.

15 minutes ago, Phade102 said:

if Everyone is willing to give me a day or two, I will merge cc4 tex into the wad. It was not my intention to cause any drama or harm, nor was I cutting corners. I simply thought CC4 tex wasn't required to be in the wad file.

Nor did i want to help increasing drama. Just stating how i feel it sometimes goes with stuff that does not run "out of the box". Don't mind me, mebbe we all got carried away a bit.

Don't stress too much about it. Things like these can happen, and while I think merging cc4tex would have been best idea, there is also merit of having non-cc4tex version for fast grabs etc.

Anyway, congratulations to all! Time to download and actually play the thing. 

Sure. This is not a drama. It's just a simply complaints . Well, first goes textures, check all animated textures, because one missed frame won't launch wad from prboom+. Same thing goes with flats, all animated things should stay in wad and last thing is unused patch removal. 

And yeah, I stay to the random player side, because they most likely scrap wads if they see that missing resources cause HOM/checkboard effect in wad, even if missed non included texture pack provides good visuals.

Anyway, we did a good job and I saw lovely maps. 

idgames Link is now live. It still requires CC4-tex to run, a link to cc4-tex is in the original post as well. I apologise, there will be no idgames exclusive upload with the combined textures.

This Project has finally reached its End! Good Job Everyone ! A well deserved effort . I wont mind to give you all a round of applause.

Did not expect to see an outro map. Project contributors will be glad to see 😉

Spoiler

HTj7SWI.png

3 hours ago, riderr3 said:

Did not expect to see an outro map. Project contributors will be glad to see 😉

Hide contents

HTj7SWI.png

You can thank Xyzzy01 for that map. Himself and Dragonfly  did an amazing job on the project.

THIS IS JUST WHOLESOME.

gratz to people who took part. :D

Congrats on the idgames release of the project. Thanks Phade102 for presenting such a wonderful project. Sorry, I didn't see the compatibility, but I assume it's Boom compatible?

Map15 UV Max 6:04

conf-15-604.zip

(This run is not optimized. I probably will run some more maps after the merging of cc4-tex.)

A floatRand's map? Sign me up! Although I don't remember the name of his map in the project, but the starting room is really recognizable. You can know this is a floatRand's map by the first glance. I really like the elevator fight, and you go from floor to floor to advance the level. Also, the backtracking to the previous floors using another passage is rather interesting, and we'll meet some new enemies too. As always, this map is very detailed in constructing the environment, and definitely it's very beautiful to look at.

58 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

Congrats on the idgames release of the project. Thanks Phade102 for presenting such a wonderful project. Sorry, I didn't see the compatibility, but I assume it's Boom compatible?

Map15 UV Max 6:04

conf-15-604.zip

(This run is not optimized. I probably will run some more maps after the merging of cc4-tex.)

A floatRand's map? Sign me up! Although I don't remember the name of his map in the project, but the starting room is really recognizable. You can know this is a floatRand's map by the first glance. I really like the elevator fight, and you go from floor to floor to advance the level. Also, the backtracking to the previous floors using another passage is rather interesting, and we'll meet some new enemies too. As always, this map is very detailed in constructing the environment, and definitely it's very beautiful to look at.

Thank you for posting that awesome speed run! The map was 'destination Dispatch' and as you said it is by floatrand. its a really fun map, but very very hard for me personally, i'm not great against arch viles.

And you're welcome, though you should probably thank Dragonfly, Xyzzy and all the mappers more. They did so much for this project, it wouldn't be where it is without them.

4 hours ago, GarrettChan said:

@Phade102The WAD is Boom comp? I didn't see it on the top post, but I guess if you put it there, it will be nicer for players to know. Thanks.

I did originally, then I rewrote the post and forgot! ill update it, thanks!

Map09 UV Max in 2:31

conf-09-231.zip

Time for the leader's map, should we? The title fits the theme of the map and the project. The outside area is nice, and the feeling of everything fading away into void got me, and I like it a lot. The cramped fight is also fun and challenging if you want to punch things. Then, the map gives the player quite some chance to make infighting happen.

In my opinion, there are some little things. The Shotgun at the starting room is at the corner, which is somewhat strange to me. I guess I need to be more careful because I didn't see that the first time. Another hilarious thing is that a random imp wandered into the starting room, so I found out that the starting door can't be opened from the outside, and the imp cleverly stand behind the pillar, teasing me...

Edited by GarrettChan

1 hour ago, GarrettChan said:

Another hilarious thing is that a random imp wandered into the starting room, so I found out that the starting door can't be opened from the outside, and the imp cleverly stand behind the pillar, teasing me...

I'm waiting for you, pitiful speedrunner....

-Imp

I'll save you!
MAP16 UV-max in 5:22 (Youtube)

.lmp: frand_confuv16.zip

First exit so playing really safe here. And top of that, it was really bad run, too. Mostly because I hate imps and can't do the RL grab without getting gangbanged.

There is also a small hom where the chaingunners are initially. 

Edited by floatRand

@GarrettChan The starting door can be opened from the outside? I am so sorry, that is a major bug that I will address in a bugfix patch. I mainly placed the shotgun in the starting room so you wouldn't have to pistol down two imps, which I find quite boring. But I'm glad you liked the atmosphere!

@floatRand Thank you for reporting that HoM, I will also get that fixed in the bugfix patch.

@floatRandOh, that's Dragonfly's map. I wanted to play that later. Then I saw you're a bullet hell StG player, so I guess that's the difficulty need for Disjunction? :D  So sad that I lost most of my progression when my hard disk died...

17 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

@floatRandOh, that's Dragonfly's map. I wanted to play that later. Then I saw you're a bullet hell StG player, so I guess that's the difficulty need for Disjunction? :D  So sad that I lost most of my progression when my hard disk died...

I hope you haven't given up because of what you lost. it should just make you come back stronger!

31 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

@Phade102Haha, that's true. Thanks for the encouragement. I hope the texture merging and bugfixes can be done soon :D

The texture merging is already done. Someone is working on bugfixing for me, then we'll update the core file.

4 hours ago, Phade102 said:

The texture merging is already done. Someone is working on bugfixing for me, then we'll update the core file.

BTW my map have some sky glitches. It's happened only in release version.
frqrnAY.png
I even not used sky transfers this time though.

Yes, I apologise @riderr3! That was one of the editors for the project doing sky transfers to keep your maps sky the same. It WILL be fixed in the updated version, I assure you and I apologise deeply for that!