Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StormCatcher.77

Doomworld Mega Project 2017 (Final)

To fix compatibility with Chocolate Doom, remove the S_START/S_END markers and move all sprites between the SS_START/SS_END ones.

oops hit a road-block already

Script error, "SNDINFO" line 49:
Missing string (unexpected end of file).

Will ask around if anyone knows what to do with this.

3 hours ago, Memfis said:

Whether that message appears or not depends on the port you're using and its settings. It has nothing to do with the level itself. I believe in Chocolate Doom it simply never appears.

Fun hectic map, I didn't fully understand the trigger system (wonder what these switches and keens at the start were about) but survived anyway. Here is a demo.

Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'll have to watch the demo when I get home.

As for the triggers and switches and all, that was an effort to be a bit creative.

@StormCatcher.77 I see you decided to go with submission order instead of trying to scale the levels in difficulty. Smart move, seeing as how 1) it would have slowed down the compilation and released because you would've had to play all 51 levels and 2) undoubtedly, people would have criticized the order because they thought a level was hard that you thought was easy and vice versa.

Regardless, I'm excited to give it a go.

I only idcleved these maps on ZDoom 2.8.1. All maps are interesting.

ZDoom says about missing textures:

03 nukeslad
22 metl2 sqreb1
27 broungy6
30 startan1
36 dfsky
37 cbrock48 cbmoss2 cbrock02 cbrock34
47 adel_f62

There is an error in MAP42, GJUNX.

It can be fixed by editing the TEXTMAP lump to remove the "arg1 = 1" line from the definition of linedef 2936.

It could also be fixed in a map editor, if opened, but my contribution seems to have transcended the concept of a doom map, and is no longer recognized by Doom Builder...

Editing the TEXTMAP lump works just fine, I checked.

I applaud the map slot choice, by the way. If there's any map that could be considered philosophical enough to possibly be an answer to everything and more, it would be MAP42 GJUNX.

Zandronum:

Script error, "dmp2017.wad:RM_DECO2" line 92:
Invalid state parameter a_setspeed

With help from rhinoduck and ZedeK, we got this loaded in zdaemon by:

- converting all PNG to doom textures.

- renaming ANIMDEF

- deleting/commenting out last line of SNFINFO

maps  37-38, 40-42, 44, 46, 49-55, 77 are not compatible with zdaemon, but the rest will load.

For now, alive at zdaemon:

Broken Glass Breakfast - Doomworld Mega Project 2017 - Beta 1

zds://37.247.54.67:10603

Edited by damo2k

This might be just me, but the map areas in the HUB are incredibly dark without Dynamic Lights on. And with them on, my FPS tanks from 80 to 20. Looks really good otherwise and having a difficulty setting show up when you approach a portal is great.

Thank for your feedback. I'll try to fix it all in the near future. @Memfis promised that he could make some changes to the maps, for that greater compatibility with the co-op. I will wait for his work before publishing the new version.

New versions will be published in zip-archives.

Just got the chance to open this up today, the hub's really well-designed! can't wait to go through this. Let's hope 2018 yields even more fruit!

i decided to open up a random map to kill some time

i chose map20

it changed me

it changed my being

i... i dont think things will ever be okay again

Also, it would be nice if the text file included the map list and any short descriptions the author had in their post.

Right on!!! I have been waiting for this day. I shall play through all the maps! This will be interesting to see what has been done!! Good work everyone!!!

The internal parts of HUB... is too dark in ZDoom. But this is my humble opinion. I'll have to IDBEHOLDL, honestly.

P.S. I launched it in GZDoom and it's pretty different.

Updating MAP42: GJUNX!

- Cooperative and daethmatch modes added

- fixed the aforementioned bug that made it impossible to progress past the first room

- fixed visual errors

- removed the a_setspeed function to make it compatible with more source ports

This patch replaces the map lumps and RM_DECO2 lump.

The GJUNX will never stop!

MAP42_GJUNX_UPDATE.zip

Playing coop in zdaemon:

map04 - (not a bug) server setup should have no free mouse look really, because of the IoS. Can configure this in zdaemon for this specific map.

map06 - can get stuck in the middle/center of the map when the window shutters close

map11 - something wrong with the sky also it seems

zgYDX8c.png

map20 - Sector 1059, 1536, 1537 (Tag 7: Floor Up): Not Coop Friendly, because those sectors never go down again and eventually block other players from making progress. (thx mrbrown)

map21 - could do with more coop ammo. could be tedious with many players.

map21 - player can get stuck in here, see screenshot. Switch not repeatable?

VYIZGgn.png

map22 - coop issue here, other players can not get in after one player goes through

7qUOHyJ.png

map33 - for coop, some bfg's should actualy be cell ammo, as bfg's dont disappear when collected, but also don't accumulate ammo

map35 - Line 1506 has no first side. Line 1506's right edge is unconnected

Edited by damo2k

map36 works good. We liked it.

After map36, only a few maps loaded in zdaemon, but didn't really work. This is just a compatibility issue with zdaemon I believe.

4 minutes ago, CrazyDoomguy said:

damo2k: I have created map 22. I can fix this map for deathmatch. Didnt thought about this. Do you want this?

Yes, but more-so coop play, than deathmatch.

1 hour ago, damo2k said:

map35 - Line 1506 has no first side. Line 1506's right edge is unconnected

That line floats in the void and sets the scrolling speed of the voodoo closets. Shouldn't be an issue, unless that's something ZDaemon isn't cool with.

2 minutes ago, Spectre01 said:

That line floats in the void and sets the scrolling speed of the voodoo closets. Shouldn't be an issue, unless that's something ZDaemon isn't cool with.

and if it is indeed an issue, one could simply put a box around the line to enclose it in a sector, instantly fixing the issue