Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoodGuy

Serious Doom - A Serious Sam gameplay mod for Doom (Alpha)

H_DOOM.png.1f6c7ea8ba9a830b9c5a8a5ccda2028e.png

Did you ever thought that Doom needs to be more serious?

DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/file/cdjtwag8aaza3e1/SeriousDoom.pk3

Serious Doom is a gameplay mod for Doom2, taking the weapons, enemies, powerup, etc. and putting them in Doom.
The mod is currently in Alpha state, having only 5 enemies and 11 weapons (more to be added). 

This mod is Dtouch compatible (Mobile port of GZDoom plus some other engines.)!

Features:

• Health and Armor pickups straight from the game
  • 5 new enemies (for now): Beheaded Rocketeer, Beheaded Firecracker, Zorg Mercenary, Gnaar Female and the Gnaar Spectre!
  • 11 new weapons: Military Knife, Bonecracker Chainsaw, Schofield .45 Pistol (dual and single), 12 Gauge Pump Action Shotgun, Coach Gun, M1A1 Thompson, XM1024 Minigun (done by me), XPML21 Rocket Launcher, XL2 Lasergun and finally, the powerful SBC Cannon (done by Bazooka)
  • Big ammo pickups straight from the game
  • Bogus Detour-style HUD
  • Blood and Gore by DBThanatos!
  • Sam mugshots! Taken from Serious Sam's Bogus Detour
  • More stuff yet to be added!

Screenies:

Spoiler

Screenshots:

Screenshot_Doom_20180105_210313.png.b6a4fba30987a127ebed32ee9a8717d3.pngScreenshot_Doom_20180106_170111.png.9f5e637d3a35732dbbaf35cafce20c9e.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180105_210419.png.69069b2f7d0d197b25db9070c7bee2e4.pngScreenshot_Doom_20180105_210817.png.7419bba03d6e39f4b779ab00426b09d2.pngScreenshot_Doom_20180105_210917.png.bdecbae3c0a7f607358411cc474c588d.pngScreenshot_Doom_20180105_212117.png.c9b55d0702ce8338b0e5e811b6fc51d2.png

Credits:

Spoiler

Credits:

Bazooka for providing rips

Source: http://www.moddb.com/mods/serious-sam-meets-doom

DBT for providing his gore mod

Source: D4T, DoomStorm, Q4LFME

Michaelis, DoomKraken, and others from the DoomGuy5th's testing discord for
teaching me the basics of modding. I cant thank you guys enough.

Croteam for creating one of my favourite FPS's, Serious Sam 
and Hammerwatch for the background, titlemusic, and HUD resources from Serious Sam's Bogus Detour

Placeholder sprites for the Beheaded and Serious Sam sprites from Serious Sam: The Retro Encounter by Batandy

Source: https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?t=32718

That's it for now, remember, the mod is currently in Alpha, there's still A LOT of stuff to do.

See ya.

Edited by DoodGuy

I'd love to use a Serious Sam weapons mod with EPIC and EPIC 2. I've actually been waiting to play those WADs once I have a really good matching weapon set to play them with and Serious Sam's weapons are a great fit. I probably wouldn't use the enemies too though, only weapons.

I remember there being another Serious Sam mod that ripped the gun animations from the original games and was only a gun mod. I enjoyed this mod more with the added touch of the enemies from the Serious Sam games and of course the weapons, love me the SBC Cannon! Always nice to gib an enemy upclose with the shotgun, I'll look forward to any updates to this.

:Sorry for the bump: The pistols look a little odd when they fire, and the hand scaling for the SSG reload is strange but other then that this is a damn fine gameplay mod! I would like to see some more enemy replacements and such.

9 hours ago, MrD!zone said:

:Sorry for the bump: The pistols look a little odd when they fire, and the hand scaling for the SSG reload is strange but other then that this is a damn fine gameplay mod! I would like to see some more enemy replacements and such.

Yeah, I have no experience with offsets or Doom modding in general, this is my first one. Also I have updated it now.

I noticed the added Gnaar that replaces the Pinky Demon, and for some odd reason some of them block my way after they are killed as if they are still alive. This breaks some maps like MAP08: Tricks and Traps where you would have so many dead Gnaars blocking your way from some parts of the map. Would be much appreciated for this to be fixed as soon as possible.

2 hours ago, GuyNamedErick said:

I noticed the added Gnaar that replaces the Pinky Demon, and for some odd reason some of them block my way after they are killed as if they are still alive. This breaks some maps like MAP08: Tricks and Traps where you would have so many dead Gnaars blocking your way from some parts of the map. Would be much appreciated for this to be fixed as soon as possible.

Oh, I've forgot to add A_NoBlocking in the Death state, will do that tommorow

Doesn't seem like the mugshots work on the Status Bar HUD, or am I missing something?

QfZyQet.png

Edited by GuyNamedErick : I learned how to [img], I have no idea where I have been.

12 hours ago, GuyNamedErick said:

Doesn't seem like the mugshots work on the Status Bar HUD, or am I missing something?

mugshot.png.d52241c8f64b842c2820e73632d8cc55.png

There is something wrong with the latest gzdoom, that does happen. Using Zandronum fixes that issue, I'll ask the devs if they changed anything

42 minutes ago, Expolision Studios said:

You have to play it in Ultimate doom

The mod has been updated just a while ago and it works on Ultimate Doom and Doom 2. The HUD works on GZDoom now without a problem.

Update: Mostly aesthetic stuff, now it uses the Rocket Launcher and Colts from Serious Sam 2

Now i get why you asked if i will make egyptian themed Doom maps haha!

47 minutes ago, SOSU said:

Now i get why you asked if i will make egyptian themed Doom maps haha!

Yup, mostly because of that, haha

I suggest that you make the sprites for the enemies and weapons direct rips from the games, as It looks strange to have Doomguy hands on the weapons along with the beheaded enemies being Zombieman themed and the Gnarr and imp Replacement being rips from the games. It's really inconsistent.

4 hours ago, MrD!zone said:

I suggest that you make the sprites for the enemies and weapons direct rips from the games, as It looks strange to have Doomguy hands on the weapons along with the beheaded enemies being Zombieman themed and the Gnarr and imp Replacement being rips from the games. It's really inconsistent.

There's a problem, I dont know how to sprite

25 minutes ago, DoodGuy said:

There's a problem, I dont know how to sprite

What i mean is that you should use sprite rips from the games Instead of using a mix of doom styled sprites with weapon rips.