Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Obsidian

Abyssal Speedmapping Session 33 - ph33r

Some theme ideas:

2 textures  x 2 flats

A map made with a map theme generator (if the one by jmickle or the older one from wads in progress, it's your choice)

A map made only with curved lines

I won't be able to join in for this one either, unfortunately... :(

also I think ASS 27 can be uploaded to the archives as Stardate is supposedly on the archives (also I made a map for that :P)

Woop woop, I'm not working that day. I can grab a handful of ASS :D

Well, I'm interested, but is there somewhere I can find the rules listed? I'd like to avoid my mistake from Eagle 10. It seems like a good way to spend a saturday.

46 minutes ago, THMG said:

Well, I'm interested, but is there somewhere I can find the rules listed? I'd like to avoid my mistake from Eagle 10. It seems like a good way to spend a saturday.

The rules are pinned in the Discord channel, which I'll open to the public 24 hours before we kick off.

1 hour ago, THMG said:

If you are wondering, basically every ASS has gone Boom. (Or lower.) 

I'll still participate, but knowing the format ahead of time is usually pretty helpful :)

Damnit, I need to force myself to do more stuff. Working and sleeping is no way to go through life. Someone come to my house on the 20th and force me to try to make something for this

Damn, I won't be able to make this one. Best wishes to other participants; have fun! 

up at 6am to make Doom maps squad can I get a "huzzah"

...just me? okay

If I was on my own, I'd probably go in for this. It's only been about 24 ASSes since my last one... Of course, as it's 10pm in this country in 14.5 hours, that'd mean ignoring my social commitments for two hours or so just to pursue a hobby. Maybe next time!

Just out of interest, what's with Discord? Is it significantly better than Skype, or just the latest thing people use because it's got a web-client?

16 minutes ago, Phobus said:

Just out of interest, what's with Discord? Is it significantly better than Skype, or just the latest thing people use because it's got a web-client?

Mostly the first option. While not without its hiccups, it's far more stable than Skype and you don't get random people called "hotlover75" or whatever propositioning to you every week.

Sounds like a winner, then! I'll be sure to check it out. Good to hear that my preferred username isn't taken, too! ;)

Just a heads-up that the ASScord link is indeed a temporary one and you will get auto-booted if you go offline. Keeps things tidier that way.

THE THEMES ARE:

1. Prominent use of barrels to defeat enemies

2. No enemies at all! Crushers, barrels and damaging terrain are the dangers here

3. Heavy use of hitscanners

BEGIN!