Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xindage

Rework in FreeDM maps

Sometimes, a fresh start is all a man needs. It can help you clear your mind. 

There's is no time limit, so if you want to work on a map for months, then do so. If you share your first version of the map, people will point out bugs and tips for you, and basically make things easier (and reducing the time taken to finish it too). Just make sure it's good enough in the end.

Wish I could help you out, but alas I'm powerless without a PC.

I think we should work with DM players. They can figure out what is salvageable or help remake them. Maybe submit some new ones. 

I agree whit it, anyway another post for wjot mpre updates.

http://www.geocities.ws/protox/FreeDoom/FreeDM/dm06.wad

http://www.geocities.ws/protox/FreeDoom/FreeDM/dm27.wad

dm06 - Major placement layout, and minor layout update (Under Decay's feeedback).

dm27 - Major rework.

> Theme changed to bricks & e metal

> Improved flor by removing unessessary sectors.

> No more possible to linedef ouverflow.

> Removed teleport and tiggers.

> Removed all uncessessary effects.

> Reworked items placement.

dm06s1.png

dm06s2.png

dm27s1.png

dm27s2.png

That's good, cos as I played through recently I was reminded of a real peeve: about half the maps start in a room with four walls and four doors, one of each color. It's shamefully redundant: there should really only be one map that does it, yet there are so many! I think basically any map that has that kind of opening room should be tweaked to have it removed. It'll be a bitch, I know, but it'd be better to have no maps that start that way than having every other map start that way, which is ridiculous.

I have finished a generic deathmatch map for freedoom, i want to know about you guys if it's good. I think bout putting it has a secret map32 since it has a diferent thematic.

xdm01.7z

Screenshot_Doom_20181008_171601.png

Screenshot_Doom_20181008_171526.png

8 hours ago, Xindage said:

I have finished a generic deathmatch map for freedoom, i want to know about you guys if it's good. I think bout putting it has a secret map32 since it has a diferent thematic.

It’s a nice fun small 1-on-1 deathmatch map. I had to add a single player start to make it possible to test the map (some ports puke if there isn’t a non-DM start). Note that the level doesn’t have an exit (should it have one?)

— Sam

xdm01-fixed.zip

7 minutes ago, samboy said:

Note that the level doesn’t have an exit (should it have one?)

And here’s a version with an exit (not to mention a single player start).

xdm01-exit.zip

10 hours ago, Xindage said:

yes i forget adding an exit and coop starts, i'll use the default exit room for freedm later.

I have now added a couple monsters and co op starts to keep the map interesting when played as single player.

xdm01-monsters.zip

I'm going to have a edit mappack that can be tested up tomorrow, for now i'm still experimenting edits on dm03 and I still have no idea what to do about dm02, for now i'll just finish the dm03 to play whit it on a online zandronum server and get more data about the others maps as well, i'll soon come with more details about the maps here.Screenshot_Doom_20181109_053620.png.b8ad748789b004aa7f91b4f60e2bb125.pngScreenshot_Doom_20181109_053612.png.fbe70723538e18076df72bc3ac9021fb.png

Edited by Xindage

Another possible map for freedm, it's just a thing that I have been doing in my free time and this happened, I dunno if it's good since I dont put much effort on it, anyway it can be good to fill up missing and/or replacing worse maps.
Any suggestion just say. (map01 to load)

MAPxx.zip

Screenshot_Doom_20190201_144921.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190201_144930.png