Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ZeroMaster010

P4M6 in 62:49 - Ultimate Doom done Pacifist!

I recently played a map where I was noticed and attacked by an arch-vile through a wall. I wonder if something similar is possible in Plutonia Map07. Then you could escape the starting area with 2 jumps. There is even a megasphere on the way.

id and DSDA truly testing the human patience with this one. Bravo!

Edited by stru

Can someone tell me what was so hard about getting pacifist on this map? Yeah, the Cyberdemon is an issue and so is that Baron in the room next to the small cave area, but I can't really see how.

So, someone please tell me where I'm wrong! :D

43 minutes ago, Poncho said:

Can someone tell me what was so hard about getting pacifist on this map? Yeah, the Cyberdemon is an issue and so is that Baron in the room next to the small cave area, but I can't really see how.

It's not that any one particular thing is hard, it's that doing everything necessary to actually beat the map and never screwing up in a way where you're trapped / killed is absurdly difficult and time consuming

47 minutes ago, Poncho said:

Try it out and you'll learn many things about doom.

1 hour ago, Poncho said:

Just try the beginning of the level. It gets annoying quite fast. Then imagine doing it many times over, hehe.

I thought the cyberdemon trapping technique is like black magic that nobody understands. Or maybe I'm just out of the loop.

2 hours ago, Poncho said:

This map requires that Cyberdemon gets killed to exit the map. A Cyberdemon has 4000 HP (compared to say a Cacodemon with 400). There's not enough to infight with it so the process is very time-consuming and requires a lot of patience here. Forcing that ONE baron to hit him is difficult enough, but then keeping that baron alive while you try to find other snipers is the other issue. And this map also forces you to not fire a single bullet because it'll wake up a ton of shit. This map is fairly challenging as it is, but a pacifist run on this map is only for the most masochistic.  

10 hours ago, stru said:

This map requires that Cyberdemon gets killed to exit the map. A Cyberdemon has 4000 HP (compared to say a Cacodemon with 400). There's not enough to infight with it so the process is very time-consuming and requires a lot of patience here. Forcing that ONE baron to hit him is difficult enough, but then keeping that baron alive while you try to find other snipers is the other issue. And this map also forces you to not fire a single bullet because it'll wake up a ton of shit. This map is fairly challenging as it is, but a pacifist run on this map is only for the most masochistic.  

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I just haven't played Ultimate DOOM in a while, and I forgot E4M6 uses a unique exit code with the Cyberdemon.

Edited by Poncho