Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GeekZolda

Magikus, a chex TC designed by children

Let's hope this time the names of the authors won't end up being people on findyourgrave.com

I’ve played through this after the first time you posted about it on the /vr/ thread. Overall great work and makes me wish I had something like this when I was a kid in school.

29 minutes ago, Dynamo said:

Let's hope this time the names of the authors won't end up being people on findyourgrave.com

I... uh... do not understand that reference.

1 minute ago, Classicgamer6 said:

I’ve played through this after the first time you posted about it on the /vr/ thread. Overall great work and makes me wish I had something like this when I was a kid in school.

You guys at /vr/ have been awesome as always.

I and a few others suspected this was a comeback of a quite infamous thread found on these forums, called Little Doomlings. It also involved maps made by french children and the writing style somehow came off as very similar to me hence why I was suspicious. Well, either way, the project looks indeed interesting and unique, I'm positive such a visual style has never employed in a doom mod before so it's definitely a good effort and as Classicgamer6 said, this would probably have been amazing back when we were kids. Keep it up!

1 hour ago, Dynamo said:

I and a few others suspected this was a comeback of a quite infamous thread found on these forums, called Little Doomlings. It also involved maps made by french children and the writing style somehow came off as very similar to me hence why I was suspicious. Well, either way, the project looks indeed interesting and unique, I'm positive such a visual style has never employed in a doom mod before so it's definitely a good effort and as Classicgamer6 said, this would probably have been amazing back when we were kids. Keep it up!

Oh that's weird.

It's entirely possible all french men use stunted broken english. I'd say there's a pretty high chance actually. heh.

I dont think I'll start Magikus II soon, though. First, I'm between jobs right now (was just a temp) and second it basically consumed my life over the last couple months haha. But I'm proud of the result and the kids love it !

1 hour ago, Dynamo said:

I and a few others suspected this was a comeback of a quite infamous thread found on these forums, called Little Doomlings. It also involved maps made by french children and the writing style somehow came off as very similar to me hence why I was suspicious.

I hadn't heard of this, but hoooooooooly crap that was a simultaneously fascinating and completely bizarre trip into the Twilight Zone!  Honestly that's one of the most memorable threads I've ever read on DW.

Here for anyone else who wants to enjoy the weirdness.

Whoa that sh*t is bananas. Guy looks completely delusional.

Just to get back on track, none of the kids in the program really used GZdoombuilder (except two kids who were curious as to how it all works and I just let them make a few geometric shapes in a test map), they were just my artists and my "ideas" guys (and gals) heh. And while some of them are blonde, I wouldnt call any of them ANGELIC that's for sure !

Entertaining but also very sad how people bullied a good artist to the point of quitting. Let's hope we're better than that now.

I'm pretty sure a liar would still be called out on their bullshit. Judging by some of the latest complaints, Doomworld is as mean as ever.

Seeing projects like this makes me want to teach kids how to design levels for Adventures of Square.

I will play this soon!

This mod is adorable <3.

The kids-drawing paper style is unique, and the idea is nice ^^. One little critic I wanna make: seeing the enemies just disappearing when dying doesn' feel good enough. We should see the paper forming them being teared apart, or maybe burning up, or be inflated before blowing up... anything would feel more satysfying then them just vanishing ( and no, I don't think the depiction would be too violent for kids; they like tearing up paper after all xD).

Apart from that though, good job. Please make more mods like this.

It's a really fun idea. You oughta do this every year, like my mom does with the Ladybug Ball play.

8 hours ago, MattGuy1990 said:

This mod is adorable <3.

The kids-drawing paper style is unique, and the idea is nice ^^. One little critic I wanna make: seeing the enemies just disappearing when dying doesn' feel good enough. We should see the paper forming them being teared apart, or maybe burning up, or be inflated before blowing up... anything would feel more satysfying then them just vanishing ( and no, I don't think the depiction would be too violent for kids; they like tearing up paper after all xD).

Apart from that though, good job. Please make more mods like this.

The whole idea is that monsters arent killed or destroyed, just sent back to their home dimensions. But I guess I could've found something more visual. Not that it matters anyway. They keep saying "oh I killed that one" or "that monster is DEAAADDD" no matter how many times I remind them that nobody dies (which makes me really antsy when parents are around).

6 hours ago, Impie said:

It's a really fun idea. You oughta do this every year, like my mom does with the Ladybug Ball play.

I should, but I have to get more efficient at this thing. This took forever to do.

There's something captivating and almost enviable about how kid's imaginations can be so wild and unrestrained, and how they can be so in touch with their own raw creativity. This whole game is full of wacky and enjoyable ideas and was really fun to play! Every time I came across a new weapon, item or enemy it made me smile. I even brushed up on some French, so it was educational for me as well! Merci!

I am truly inspired by this project. Great job! Congrats on raising the next generation of DooM modders! ;)

This looks like the cutest goddamn thing ever. I usually say we don't deserve dogs, but in this case, we don't deserve children.

Adorable, great idea. I'm glad enough time has passed that Doom can now be used in a positive light for the development of children. 

Thanks guys, I'm now unemployed (hopefully not for long) as I was just a temp during a maternity leave, so this is the kind of feel good stuff I really need.

You have no idea how much this means to me.