Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scifista42

Doomworld Omega Project 2018

This is tempting. Guess that I'll make a map since we have the whole year for it (hoping that no changes happen)

But use sky transfers or mapinfo for skies are acceptable or not? I just don't get it :""")

It doesn't replace the game's stock content, therefore it is allowed. Since there's a rule about custom resources, and skies are a subset of custom resources, people really shouldn't need to have skies explicitly mentioned, but screw it, I clarified it anyway.

Edited by scifista42

25 minutes ago, Myst.Haruko said:

But use sky transfers or mapinfo for skies are acceptable or not? I just don't get it :""")

I could use a sky called LD85SKY and define it in mapinfo for example ;)

Nice! I can definitely work with these rules. Shame that it's not the official DWMP that's allowing any kind of map this time. GZDoom features, ho!

EDIT: Would having my map done within the next two weeks be in bad taste?

Edited by THMG

I think I would prefer a different name. Mega and Omega are rather similar, I can easily see this causing confusion or even making people think that you're trying to overshadow the original project (I know you're not).

56 minutes ago, THMG said:

Would having my map done within the next two weeks be in bad taste?

What? I don't understand if you're thinking that it'd be too early or that it'd be too late, but it definitely wouldn't be either. Submitting anytime between now and the end of the year is equally OK.

14 minutes ago, Memfis said:

I think I would prefer a different name. Mega and Omega are rather similar, I can easily see this causing confusion or even making people think that you're trying to overshadow the original project (I know you're not).

I think hiding the connection between the projects could lead to confusion and misinterpretations just as well. I would prefer the connection to remain clear and avoid confusion via explaining it right at the beginning of the thread.

1 hour ago, THMG said:

EDIT: Would having my map done within the next two weeks be in bad taste?

For DMP 2017, there were 3 maps submitted by the end of January and the OP was written in mid-January (one map was submitted the next day). For DMP 2016, there were 14 maps submitted within 2.5 weeks of the OP (seven were submitted in the first week).

So, I don't think you'd be accused of bad taste.

8 hours ago, scifista42 said:

- Other custom resources (textures, game objects...)

Is this only for visual stuff or am I allowed to slap a custom decorate enemy? :p

11 minutes ago, leodoom85 said:

DOPE: Doomworld Omega Project Edition

How about DWOMP:Doomworld O-Mega Project

EDIT: I am wondering the same thing as @YukiHerz

Edited by THMG

I am working on some possible music for my map atm (even though the map itself isn't done yet of course lol), at first I didn't know what to make so I just went with the first thing that popped into my head as I usually do and so now I am working on a crappy metal remix of The Imp's Song :D Here is what I have on that right now so far https://drive.google.com/file/d/17bMXn4hV27vHWpvddu8otcWJq0nbpxZQ/view?usp=drivesdk, it is in xm format btw since my map will be doom in hexen format

In. I will make a flesh-themed, abstract city, map with damaging blood that only uses stock textures. ;)

10 hours ago, YukiHerz said:

am I allowed to slap a custom decorate enemy?

Yes.

9 hours ago, danielhday said:

Am I allowed to use any textures from Plutonia in my wad?

Yes.

4 minutes ago, HUNdebLeonidasX said:

So is this means that non copyright OGG for a gzdoom map can be used ?

Yes, obviously. 

Wait, when did this thread was cleaned up? 

Nevermind, yes I'm interested, yes UDMF this time, YES I'll use default textures only (*_falls and custom sky are exception...) YES with a lot of custom content (including monsters, decorations, something else, EXcluding weapons). YES custom TITLE + INTERPIC for project as it was done for 2015 & 2017 pack.

^ The rules state that no base content may be replaced.

Might do something for this as well, though my mega-project track record is non-existent at best, plus I've already said I'd try for DWMP, heh. Maybe, though, we'll see!!

10 hours ago, AD_79 said:

^ The rules state that no base content may be replaced.

Might do something for this as well, though my mega-project track record is non-existent at best, plus I've already said I'd try for DWMP, heh. Maybe, though, we'll see!!

I know. I was curious if there is a way that doesn't replace the base content.