Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
THEBaratusII

BFG's Projectile (SNES Style)

While watching through the play through of SNES DOOM, I noticed that the BFG's projectile uses the Baron's projectile.

WymVNv0.gif

So I decided to open up SLADE3 and copy/paste the baron's projectile ball and rename the lump names to what the BFG's projectile uses (BFS1 & BFE1). The PWAD made also works on Chocolate DOOM as well. just use -merge instead of -file for it to work. If anyone's interested in having the WAD, Here's the link to it : http://www.geocities.ws/baratusiisite/files/Hosted/BaratusII/SNESBFG.zip

UPDATE : Instead of it being a graphics WAD, Thanks to the advice from ETTiNGRiNDER of using DehackEd. I made a DEH file using the "BAL7" sprites instead of replacing the normal BFG sprites.

Here's a video about this I made :

Edited by Baratus 95 : The file is now as a Dehacked patch, and also updated the file link.

It's made to save space because on SNES there was not enough memory on the cartridge. Same as GBA when demon death sound replaced by imp death sound.

You could probably also do it with DeHackEd trickery and not need a sprite WAD that way, just reassign what sprites go with what frames.

32 minutes ago, ETTiNGRiNDER said:

You could probably also do it with DeHackEd trickery and not need a sprite WAD that way, just reassign what sprites go with what frames.

Oh, that works too. I,ll go try that out using WhackEd 4 :)

EDIT : Updated the original post. it's now a .DEH file

Edited by Baratus 95