Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WARDUST

Heretic Sprites modifications

Thanks!

There are some little errors (poor shine in brightmaps and blood snake green instead of yellow/green) spect an v3 version of this soon. Sorry!

No need to say sorry.  This is a great start. :)

I've been lucky enough to play with these sprites, Eriguns 2, Damnums, Droplets, Heretic Fluids, Heretic Widescreen HUD and Heretic II soundtrack along with bloom, ambient occlusion and the Heijl Dawson tonemap in GZDoom.

It really feels like Heretic 1.5 (since we already have a Heretic II!).  Good times to be a Heretic fan. :)

Thank you for sharing.

12 hours ago, Average said:

No need to say sorry.  This is a great start. :)

I've been lucky enough to play with these sprites, Eriguns 2, Damnums, Droplets, Heretic Fluids, Heretic Widescreen HUD and Heretic II soundtrack along with bloom, ambient occlusion and the Heijl Dawson tonemap in GZDoom.

It really feels like Heretic 1.5 (since we already have a Heretic II!).  Good times to be a Heretic fan. :)

Thank you for sharing.

Thanks a lot!

As i promised, the v3!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/wardust-heretyc-pack-modifications/addons/3-wardust-heretic-sprites-v3#downloadsform

29fy0bb.jpg

Thanks to Hellser, i'm working in an V6 with offsets corrected and a 4 new sprites (Doom ones) for play Hordes of Caos:

5ppoj4.jpg

Regards!

Well, i pretend a more medieval fantasy like stethic. As the other sprites. I never played God of war. But yes i see what you say.

I really like a lot of what you've done, WARDUST, but I thought I should mention that the fullbrights added to the textures don't align properly.  The white switches aren't too bad but the wall texture with the large golden oval is off by quite a margin.  I dunno if it's something on my end, though, as nobody else has mentioned it.

I also have a request/suggestion.  I'm not even sure if it's possible but would it be possible to have 2 different sprite sets, one for the gargoyle and one for the fire gargoyle.  I really liked the dark red sprites that you used in earlier releases - it'd be nice if they could be used for, say, standard gargoyles and the newer, blackened sprites for the fire gargoyles.  Kinda like male plumage as seen in the bird kingdom...

Anyway, thanks for all your work.  Heretic needs some love. :)

Hey! I'm enjoying a lot modding Heretic, i can't stop! And playing for the first time Hordes of Chaos... waaah!

The two things: there are some brightmaps ( i think 6) for use with my HD pack. I will update correctly in v9.

About the gargoyles, in the models i use previously i was able to use diferent textures defined in the models (leader and normal) i try to replicate this but for now i can't (i think it's a lot of txt lines defining the frames for the actor) but yes, it's something i want to do  (need investigate)

Regards!

Edited by WARDUST

17 hours ago, Average said:

I really like a lot of what you've done, WARDUST, but I thought I should mention that the fullbrights added to the textures don't align properly.  The white switches aren't too bad but the wall texture with the large golden oval is off by quite a margin.  I dunno if it's something on my end, though, as nobody else has mentioned it.

I also have a request/suggestion.  I'm not even sure if it's possible but would it be possible to have 2 different sprite sets, one for the gargoyle and one for the fire gargoyle.  I really liked the dark red sprites that you used in earlier releases - it'd be nice if they could be used for, say, standard gargoyles and the newer, blackened sprites for the fire gargoyles.  Kinda like male plumage as seen in the bird kingdom...

Anyway, thanks for all your work.  Heretic needs some love. :)

Done!

Now i'm working with the diferent sprites for the leaders variety (Mummys and Imps) cooooool

In the next version i will implement this and i will clean the brightmaps (only for sprites). Thanks for your comments, i appreciate the corrections you say, this is the help i need (good feedback) and the reaseon to post here.

Another thing... what is the bird kingdom? a wad?

Regards!

Edited by WARDUST

Average,

Can you do some test in the files before i upload it to moddb (4 eyes see more than 2):

http://www.mediafire.com/file/988153h6fiay9wd/3 WARDUST heretic Sprites V12.pk3

Changes:

Gargoyles normal: Darker red

Gargoyles Leader: Black and Red and bigger

Mummy: Sand color

Mummy Leader: Old Mummy style with some extra bandages, bigger than regular

Brightmaps added for the new ones. Deleted Brightmaps for textures

Edited by WARDUST : error in the pack

I'm just heading out to work but I'll be happy to do some testing this evening.  I'm looking forward to seeing what you've done. :)

working on another version for those leaders (updated link):

aw88l5.jpg

Edited by WARDUST

Heh!  You're updating faster than I can run through builds! :P

I played through some maps last night and didn't come across any issues.  I'll post later with a fuller response. 

I know i know ... I'm sick with this! jajaja

i'm enjoying a lot with this. I did my own proves and i'm really satisfied. My v12 it's finished, only awaiting for comments before upload to moddb. Thanks for the feedback!

33m6bly.jpg

V12 seems to be a giant improvement over the other ones!I expecially like the Doom and Hexen reskins :) and i would love to see the same kind of project by you but for the weapons since the darker monsters clash a bit with Heretic's colorfulness.

8 hours ago, SOSU said:

V12 seems to be a giant improvement over the other ones!I expecially like the Doom and Hexen reskins :) and i would love to see the same kind of project by you but for the weapons since the darker monsters clash a bit with Heretic's colorfulness.

Take Cover!

I just discover Heretyc plus....

here is the preview of my final version for vanila and HocX Sprites:

30j0k1f.jpg

And here a version slightly Randomized: http://www.mediafire.com/file/hj9ha4e77tbcx4g/1 WARDUST HereticPlus NOITEMS.rar

This files works in another way than Heretic Plus (too much random for my taste), and i'm working on it (testing etc) but it's fully playable

For now, this don't cover the extra items, only add a logical variety of monsters for the diverse clases, and replace the Doom ones in HocX with anothers more Heretic stile:

Beast:  "NewBeast" 18 + "ShadowBeast" 1

Chicken: "NewChicken" 8 + "Hornet" 1

ClinkS:  "NewClink" 18+  "DarkClink"  1
IronLich: "NewIronLich" 8 + "DESentinel" 8 + "IceLich" 4 + "BloodLich" 4 + "GoldLich"  6
Knight:  "NewKnight"  8 + "EnhancedKnight"  5

Minotaur : "NewMinotaur" 15 +"Apprentice" 5 +"Hellsmith1" 5

Mummy:  "NewMummy" 10 + "NewMummyLeader" 4 + "Ghoul" 2

MummyLeader: "NewMummyLeader" 4 + "Juggernaut" 1 + "Butcher" 4

Snake: "NewSnake" 5 + "BrownSnake" 5

Wizard: "NewWizard" 8 + "Priest" 5 + "Disciple" 2

HereticImp: "NewHereticImp"  8 + "RockGolem" 3
HereticImpLead:  "NewHereticImpLeader" 10 + "HereticDarkImp" 4 + "PlaugeImp" 1

--------------------------------- HOCx

CacodemonHOC: "PlaugeImp"

DoomImpHOC: "ImpWarlord"

LostSoulHOC: "DragonFamiliar"

PainElementalHOC: "RotWraith"

BaronOfHellHOC: "LavaDemon"

ArchvileHOC: "Deathknight"

Still in proves, but it's very funny.

If someone want to try and give me some feedback....

Thanks!

Edited by WARDUST : New link

4 hours ago, SOSU said:

The weapons... goog idea!

On 15/1/2018 at 2:23 PM, SOSU said:

Here!

mjxopi.jpg
http://www.mediafire.com/file/no4ktgt1c1udnbn/WARDUST Heretic weapons.pk3

Edited by WARDUST : error name

Sorry I haven't replied recently but I've been tied up with other stuff.  Still loving your work though!

What little time I've had for Heretic has been fun with v12.  Haven't noticed any issues and I really like the varied beasties.

Normally, I use Eriguns 2 for Heretic but I'm looking forward to trying out your new sprite recolours. :)

1 hour ago, Average said:

Sorry I haven't replied recently but I've been tied up with other stuff.  Still loving your work though!

What little time I've had for Heretic has been fun with v12.  Haven't noticed any issues and I really like the varied beasties.

Normally, I use Eriguns 2 for Heretic but I'm looking forward to trying out your new sprite recolours. :)

No need to say sorry.  This is a great start!. :)

i go to see what is this Eriguns...

Eriguns feels too much for me, i prefer the ones in heretic plus with some editions. Now it's available in my moddb place.

Regardss!