• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dew

Back to Saturn X demos [-complevel 2]

15 hours ago, Poncho said:

Here's another one. Quite a fun level.

0btsxe1-32-820.zip

In general, we format our file names for consistency.  Usually a 2-letter code for the wad (in this case "b1"), then the map number (e.g., "32"), then a single character for the category ("-" or "m" are used for uv-max), then the time in (m)mss format.  Example: b132-820.zip  Also, it's nice if your post says what the file is (see examples earlier in this thread and elsewhere).

57 minutes ago, kraflab said:

In general, we format our file names for consistency.  Usually a 2-letter code for the wad (in this case "b1"), then the map number (e.g., "32"), then a single character for the category ("-" or "m" are used for uv-max), then the time in (m)mss format.  Example: b132-820.zip  Also, it's nice if your post says what the file is (see examples earlier in this thread and elsewhere).

What, so I have to go back and reedit the entire zip file, even when I made clear in the name of what the wad was and what time I got? Even if it'll take just a few minutes, that's admittedly a little annoying.

No offence and all that; it's just that for me it'll feel a bit weird only putting "b1," since that could mean some other wad, which "btsxe1" practically confirms the wad file.

Since I've already posted the two other UV-Max demos, I'll just leave them (for now, anyway) and do it the "right" way with this demo:

Map19 UV-Speed in 1:00.

b119-100.zip

Edited by Poncho

I didn't mean you have to edit your old stuff, just letting you know what the expected standard is.  It has historical reasons and is also a simple shorthand for things.  For instance if I say pg27p many people know I mean perdition's gate map 27 pacifist, and it's much easier than perdgate-27-pacifist etc.  When things are standardized it makes everything easier, imo.  But, it's just a standard, you can do whatever you want of course 😛

i like ToD's system, but i would never use it myself as its a lot more characters!

plus @Poncho you have to consider the few strange people who still load demos via cmd line/dos, and a shorter .lmp filename is good :)

Tbh you don't really need to follow the naming convention strictly, but in BtSX's particular case there's a a good reason in that the demos actually can be played back in vanilla Doom. But generally the best reason to do so is that archiving freaks (and I don't mean the DSDA archivists, just people who download from here) can categorize with less effort and renaming. By sticking to conventions, you are making me happy!

Really wanted to get this off my back. Most likely going to redo this one, though. Just putting this here so that there's at least A run of it.

Map19 UV-Max in 9:19

b119-919.zip

Improved UV-Speed on Map19 (in 0:56).

b119-056.zip

As for the improved UV-Max, it'll hopefully be later this week (got tests to do in school, and got royally pissed off at an attempt when a ghost Cacodemon was created right near the end. FML).

Map19 UV Speed in 0:53

(outdated)

Cooperative Arch-viles are good Arch-viles. I guess at least one second could be improved because the first half didn't go well.

Edited by GarrettChan

On 1/12/2018 at 0:02 AM, GarrettChan said:

Map19 UV Speed in 0:53

I guess at least one second could be improved because the first half didn't go well.

Map 19 Pacifist in 0:50

Here's -3 seconds and pacifist, but I think a 48 would be a good goal, if you want to improve it.

b119p050.zip

9 hours ago, kraflab said:

Here's -3 seconds and pacifist, but I think a 48 would be a good goal, if you want to improve it.

That's the ideal way I wanted to grind, but I got no luck in the first 2-hour attempts. Maybe I missed some details? Yeah, I realized it should be Pacifist and I tried for that.

I saw the time you hit the yellow door elevator is around 30 seconds, so it's not the way my movement problems, at least for now. I'm not really interested in UV Speed runs... or it's just an excuse that my movements are bad.

Map19 Pacifist in 0:49

(outdated)

OK then, I realized no punch in the air for stupid things. I think 49 48 is my final destination. (BTW, thanks karflab senpai :D)

Edited by GarrettChan

17 minutes ago, rdwpa said:

Pacifist is a type of UV-Speed. :)

Yeah, well, I still punched stuff. That's not pacifist in my book. :P

Map19 Pacifist in 0:48

b119p048.zip

It's there... no more this map... Even though I am still not satisfied with my UV Max run, after tweaking the path a little bit and grinding for another several hours, I guess I don't want to do that anymore.

Edited by GarrettChan

Just reading these last few posts is giving me a headache. Editing posts to fix errors or clarify things is fine, but completely changing their meaning leads to a mess.

Anyone up to doing a Map22 UV-Max? I did a practice run (about two weeks ago, mind you) and did it in about 18-19 minutes, and I wasn't rushing too much.

Map10 UV Max in 8:48

b110-848.zip

By far the worst map I've played in this WAD... Well, I guess it's just not enjoyable when you need to SSG so many medium monsters. Yeah, I'm talking about SSG... Definitely it has big room to improve since you can skip a Soulsphere, but I didn't dare to take the risk.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

^Grazza: Sorry for causing this trouble. I'll pay attention not to do this in the future because I somewhat feel bad about posting/modifying so much stuff.