Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xanthier

Trouble with DCK

Hey I can't get Dck working on my system, I tried the readme file but...i have Doom 95 if that helps any cause Z-Doom or J-doom won't work either and i've used j-doom before. With dos doom
\
My error is "This DMI32 module cannot be run on win32".

First, hit the Start button, then go to Shut Down, and then select Restart in MS-DOS mode. Once you're in DOS, type:

cd\dck

Then you should see this:

c:\dck>

Then just type:

dck

And it should start up. Just make sure your mouse works in DOS mode, or DCK will have a fit and shut itself down. A good test is to attempt to play Doom in DOS mode. If your mouse works there, it will work for DCK.

ok, sorry i figured it out but then after it searches for doom 1, it encounters an ilegal address and bails out.

That's odd... I haven't heard of that one before. Just out of curiousity, what DCK version are you using?

I haven't had any problems with that version, but you might want to try version 3.62. Maybe that one will work.

I am using windows XP and it doesn’t have the option to restart in DOS mode and on my other computer I needed a dos mouse driver and on all of my computers and all versions of DCK crashed every five minutes or so. In my opinion DCK is the easiest level editor out there. Its about time it or one like it was made for newer computers. =)

Archaeo said:

...on all of my computers and all versions of DCK crashed every five minutes or so..)

LOL, that's pretty funny. However, in defense of Ben, the issue is with your system somehow - not DCK (assuming you are running in pure DOS, since it won't work in Windows).

You can try DeePsea ( sbsoftware.com ) and see what you think:)

Archaeo said:

I am using windows XP and it doesn’t have the option to restart in DOS mode and on my other computer I needed a dos mouse driver and on all of my computers and all versions of DCK crashed every five minutes or so. In my opinion DCK is the easiest level editor out there. Its about time it or one like it was made for newer computers. =)

I hate XP...it's cartoony

Xanthier said:

I hate XP...it's cartoony

Geez, you can make it look just like Windows98 (just a few clicks) and a billion different skins for that matter to suit literally anyone. I know some that have choosen a MAC interface - not me though:)

It's AWESOME.

deep said:

Geez, you can make it look just like Windows98 (just a few clicks) and a billion different skins for that matter to suit literally anyone. I know some that have choosen a MAC interface - not me though:)

It's AWESOME.

I second that. My XP desktop is not cartoony at all. Its actually kind of scary.;)