Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

Looks great, you should definitely find a new home for it (or hell, even a standalone release!). There's a lot of maps from that project that I want to see released at some point; it's kind of a shame that the project fell through.

Looks great Decay! If only you'd have gone Boom format, then the possibilities would be limitless. Fantastic stuff, can't wait to give it a proper play in DM.

24 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

If only you'd have gone Boom format, then the possibilities would be limitless.

Because we didn't have any of this in a while.

@Surreily You definitely should release your map from the Plain Ol' Doom 2 project! A few people have already (me included) and the reaction has been pretty good. No point it should go to waste.

7 hours ago, KVELLER said:

"Welcome to the UAC! Now 221 days accident free!" 

That was not an accident, therefore it doesn't count!

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 2:41 PM, Surreily said:

colorfilter.png.9904fd465a9a1e9c9910ba2a844f5b28.png

I added a color filter to Doom Builder. It kinda works.

Also, I'm embarrassed to admit I only just discovered that GZDoom Builder Bugfix existed yesterday... it's so much better than vanilla GZDoom Builder!

How did you recolor everything?

That's probably just a pre-existing texture pack. The recolours can be done a number of ways, such as with SLADE's colour remap tool, or with any image editing software with filters, such as Photoshop.

Okay, I think I need to clear things up about the Doom Builder thing.

The filter does not create new textures, nor does it recolor them. All it does is find textures of the desired color. The little slider on the right controls how similar the texture's color must be - I found that certain colors are more strict than others. The resource WADs I have loaded there have a bunch of blue textures and a new palette.

Sorry if I got any of your hopes up - this is not anything major. It's just a little tool to help me find suitable textures for when I'm making a map that uses a single color. If you are looking to recolor your textures, @Dragonfly's post mentions everything you need to know (though it can be a right pain in the ass working with Doom's palettes).

46 minutes ago, Surreily said:

All it does is find textures of the desired color.

That's already very useful, especially with large texture packs.

2 hours ago, leodoom85 said:

Another exit....

5a5e90e46fb87_Sinttulo.jpg.4d9e9b1c4cef855bcd686e3268ea49c0.jpg

That looks great except for one tiny little thing: the caution striped textures need to be aligned with the corresponding flats.

8 minutes ago, Empyre said:

That looks great except for one tiny little thing: the caution striped textures need to be aligned with the corresponding flats.

No worries, I'll modify it but for now......time to sleep....

29 minutes ago, K3K said:

more random sketches i did a few hours ago

These areas look great! The trees look like they're going into the wall and the yellow stair texture isn't my favorite, but I appreciate that you're avoiding over-detailing; I've noticed a new trend of meticulous decoration, but still believe less is more. Keep it up!

Just now, Harvey said:

These areas look great! The trees look like they're going into the wall and the yellow stair texture isn't my favorite, but I appreciate that you're avoiding over-detailing; I've noticed a new trend of meticulous decoration, but still believe less is more. Keep it up!

lol didn't even notice the trees. and thanks man. 

Some edits I made since my previous post:

A bad sign of things to come..

Screenshot_Doom_20180118_130212.png.a1691f2ab56cf3be4d5dd8f03101b3ed.png

Working on some more advanced lighting.

Screenshot_Doom_20180118_130339.png.8a7f84ffbc8a01ff6131ad0cc681d7a5.png

Added an outside outside area to the starting (?) room.

Screenshot_Doom_20180118_130221.png.5f7201884360571033049be742727d9d.png

Sorry posting so many shots in a frequent amount of time. I get a lot of ideas and would love feedback! Anything to improve, especially from advanced mappers.

Also, is it a bad thing to get inspiration from my favorite WADs? Or is that considered plagiarizing? I'm not necessarily talking about straight up ripping off map layouts, but rather architectural styles and monster placement.

On 1/16/2018 at 1:23 PM, Surreily said:

The filter does not create new textures, nor does it recolor them. All it does is find textures of the desired color.

Yep, exactly as Gez says this would be super useful for bigger texture packs.  The texture packs I'm currently building from have something 6,000 textures, so finding textures of the same color is a nightmare.  

It would also work brilliantly with something like Jimmy's awesome Zoontex recolor pack.

1 hour ago, K3K said:

Also, is it a bad thing to get inspiration from my favorite WADs? Or is that considered plagiarizing? I'm not necessarily talking about straight up ripping off map layouts, but rather architectural styles and monster placement.

Of course it's OK. If mappers didn't take inspiration from each other all the time, we would never have as good maps as we do today.

First time using custom textures & I really enjoy Gothic themes.

This will be my contribution to Doomworld Omega Project 2018. No promises but I'll do my best.

ScreenHunter_2711 Jan. 18 22.03.jpg