Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Walter confetti

The Standard E1 Community Project... lives again! (On idgames!)

Yeah, that list looks about right. The order can always be finalized once all the maps are done, so there is a sensible monster/weapon/difficulty curve.

@rdwpa Thank you for the video and comments, the timing was spot on as I could fix the stuck monsters and re-upload before bed.

@Spectre01 Great video there, well done spotting the last stuck monster, thank you kindly.

The map being on slot m1 is more me being lazy rather than suggestion, don't mind what order my map is in. With the weapons, I didn't think my map needed a R/L as one baron is hardly a issue. I will be making some tweaks as mentioned, the soulsphere will probably be substituted from UV for a berserker kit.

A few extra details I think would be nice and then I'm done. If anyone has a midi that would suit this level then please let me know.

@The_SloVinator Are you aware that a map slot is open for you?

47 minutes ago, Liberation said:

@rdwpa Thank you for the video and comments, the timing was spot on as I could fix the stuck monsters and re-upload before bed.

@Spectre01 Great video there, well done spotting the last stuck monster, thank you kindly.

The map being on slot m1 is more me being lazy rather than suggestion, don't mind what order my map is in. With the weapons, I didn't think my map needed a R/L as one baron is hardly a issue. I will be making some tweaks as mentioned, the soulsphere will probably be substituted from UV for a berserker kit.

A few extra details I think would be nice and then I'm done. If anyone has a midi that would suit this level then please let me know.

@The_SloVinator Are you aware that a map slot is open for you?

No, I wasn't. Thanks for the reminder. Will get to work soon.

I enjoyed "No Crates on Phobos" though it was a little bobbly in terms of the floor variations, at times.

14 minutes ago, Liberation said:

Any areas that are particularly annoying? Is the 1 px drain grates a problem on the tarmac/stone? or is it more the craters? 

The craters are more of an issue than the drain grates.

I actually think this map would profit from a rocket launcher and a few rockets, as there were some times it would have been nice just to gib the big cloud of riff raff in front of me.  So satisfying!  Or you could use the rockets on the baron, I guess, but if you put an RL in then I would say drop the baron for 4 imps or something - much more satisfying to blast.

Ok, not sure I can do a lot about the craters.. Ill give it some thought. If the map was any bigger then I think the RL would defo be needed. perhaps a 3rd secret maybe.

Ill wait and see if I get anymore feedback before committing to a change like that.

EDIT: Ive raised the craters from 16px drops to 8px, so the variations in height are not so jarring.

21 hours ago, Capellan said:

Do we move the current e1m1 to e1m4 and the current e1m2 to e1m6, then?  i.e.

- E1M1: No crates on Phobos by Liberation

- E1M2: Janus Complex by Capellan

- E1M3: Main Reckon Facility by riderr3

- E1M4: Inner Port by mrthejoshmon

- E1M5: third moon lab by CarpetolA

- E1M6: Eden Log by Angry Saint

- E1M7: (The_SloVinator)

- E1M8: obliterate anomalies by Spectre01

- E1M9: (Fonze)

I think we can wait for having all the maps before taking a new level list order, but i'm ok with this new order, e1m1 is pretty hard for being a e1m1 map...

Just to let you guys know of my progress. 

Almost done with the map layout. Just need to place an exit somewhere.

Then onto thing placement & testing.

Apologies, but im dropping out here. My comp is down for now and I haven't been able to fix it yet. I see lots of progress here though, so I don't want to hold things up with my lack of mapping right now. Best wishes to all involved with finishing this project!

My map is about at the 50% mark, so I'll likely finish it later on and release solo. Here is a link to a fairly recent version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wzixohabvt7elt9/E1M9z.wad?dl=1

All right, so i'll free your slot since you posted the unfinished version of the map in this thread too over to my PM...
Played a little and is a pretty hard and good looking map!

Ty, it's been fun to build so far. But apologies again that I've held things up here, thats shitty for the rest of you.

- Only up to 2 maps from one person.

@Walter confetti I'm almost already done with my map for another project, so this time I can slap a short map for E1M9.

In case if I will be away for a long time without feedback, then you can free my slot.

P.S. I checked my E1M3 map, it's from april... so much time has already passed.

Edited by riderr3

Hopefully tomorrow I'll release my map. If not, then Thursday. Depends on the real life obligations.

Need to check balance, do changes for other difficulties & maybe a lil' bit decoration won't hurt.

Also, do I PM you my map, @Walter confetti after I'm done?

7 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

Whoops, i missed it! Added!

Also, your map have a title?

Janus Complex

Edit: Updated version! 21 Jan. 2018

Changelog:

- Aligned as many textures as possible.

- Yellow & red key traps have been enhanced with more teleports added & more enemies!

------------------

Done!

Map name: Research station
Tested in: Chocolate Doom
Difficulty settings: Yes
Build time: 4 days, 1-2 hours each day
New music: No

Have fun!

rs_v2.zip

Edited by The_SloVinator

I'll probably post some screenies tomorrow. Thankfully I'm already had an image in my mind before making map, so it make things faster.

2 hours ago, The_SloVinator said:

Done!

Map name: Research station

A fun, small and detailed map in style of E1. I like brightness/lights proper usage.

Edited by riderr3

Here is my WIP screenshots.

Will better use pipe texture instead...
zVWAJ75.jpg

Typical horseshoe layout, asymmetrical this time.
qpYIk8a.jpg

Making this cave is just moving vertices and splitting sectors.
7khBJ59.jpg

Lift with surprise.
YRLgQbB.jpg

Probably the exit... to the surface?
zNVOxUo.jpg

Here's an FDA. 68% kills, 0% secrets, 7:01. At first I was just blitzing through the map but then I stopped to kill the cacos/etc. when I saw the crate maze, because it seemed like I'd get infinite-talled from above.

Fun map. The spaciousness and curves combined with the KDITD style are a pretty rare combination. The map has a really dreamlike feel because of the scale and geometry. Would replay more thoroughly. (Although I still would skip barons and cacos when lacking a RL.)

elv02_Rd_fda.zip