Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

I legitimately love the atmosphere going on here. Probably the lack of enemies, but it feels authentically-silent. And lonely. Great stuff.

14 hours ago, DASI-I said:

I hope that sprite is the recoil animation, if it's not then it becomes a problem because even if you cropped it to the fingers it would still take up too much space on the screen. But it looks great :)

I was using it as the idle frame (I uploaded a screenshot a page ago of how it looks) , but your suggestion it's a great idea! I was kinda sad to remade the idle frames but using it as the recoil is going to give more fluidity to the weapon :D thanks !

still working on this, but I was testing it and I really liked how this looked so i figured i'd post a picture of it

Screenshot_Doom_20180111_184329.png

Just a few shots of my current map, planning to release it in the next few days if I can. Capture345.PNG.5f409161301c94a84faa56fe29bced9f.PNGCapture666.PNG.972751c069394e65a3c5becec29c1de8.PNGCapture667.PNG.75ad1bd61fca5330b13add7242f70149.PNG

In game it looks better, also it's early stages of mapping, so place can change more or even change colour in something happier if I scrap main idea. 

Screenshot_Doom_20180112_171226.png

that looks so fucking cool. makes me want to make a library map like that. crank the darkness down by 128 units and you've got the library from Dark Souls 3

On 14/01/2018 at 6:21 AM, floatRand said:

fbHI1F6.jpg

Something perhaps.

Oh my god, another floatrand library map. I loved your map in disjunction that involved that, so intricate, yet beautiful at the same time. I hope this becomes something indeed! (Disjunction 2?)

Working on a megaWAD that I've titled 'Titan's Pass'.

It's my first WAD, but it's looking good so far.

So far I've completed maps 1 through 7, but maps 1 and 2 (maybe 3 and 6 as well) need some reworking, and some more may need a few more touches. Map 31 is partially complete, but still needs a lot more work.

Not sure if I'll do the full 32 maps at this point, but I'll certainly try.

Here's a few screenshots: the first is from MAP04 'Urban Assault', the second from MAP05 'Abandoned Base', the third from MAP31 'Impure Haven' (which is accessible from MAP05)

The texture fading on the MAP04 screenshot is a result of the editor I'm using.

titanpass4-1.PNG

titanpass5-2.PNG

titanpass31-1.PNG

I'm going to work on a few maps tonight for a wad that I just made. I might stream it on Twitch if anybody's interested, sometimes I see people creating their levels live, and getting feedback from chat as they do it. It's essentially just a bunch of multiplayer maps, some I just recreate from other games, others I just take places I've been and recreate them by memory.

On 16/01/2018 at 3:49 AM, Novaseer said:

Working on a megaWAD that I've titled 'Titan's Pass'.

It's my first WAD, but it's looking good so far.

So far I've completed maps 1 through 7, but maps 1 and 2 (maybe 3 and 6 as well) need some reworking, and some more may need a few more touches. Map 31 is partially complete, but still needs a lot more work.

Not sure if I'll do the full 32 maps at this point, but I'll certainly try.

Here's a few screenshots: the first is from MAP04 'Urban Assault', the second from MAP05 'Abandoned Base', the third from MAP31 'Impure Haven' (which is accessible from MAP05)

The texture fading on the MAP04 screenshot is a result of the editor I'm using.

titanpass4-1.PNG

Hey, nice to see someone new to mapping!

Some advice, if I may.

A megawad is a big goal, and for your first wad not really ideal. i'd suggest 7-12 maps, but it is of course up to you.

In the screenshot i've linked here, you have a ton of imps on those towers. Theres too many, most of them wont be able to shoot you because they'll be blocked. I'd suggest removing some, or even throwing some hell knights up there instead of imps (Less hell knights than imps) but the choice is yours, I just wanted to give some advice =D

12 hours ago, Phade102 said:

Hey, nice to see someone new to mapping!

Some advice, if I may.

A megawad is a big goal, and for your first wad not really ideal. i'd suggest 7-12 maps, but it is of course up to you.

In the screenshot i've linked here, you have a ton of imps on those towers. Theres too many, most of them wont be able to shoot you because they'll be blocked. I'd suggest removing some, or even throwing some hell knights up there instead of imps (Less hell knights than imps) but the choice is yours, I just wanted to give some advice =D

There's a switch that brings all the Imps and Hell Knights to ground level. I only introduced the Hell Knights to incite infighting in the first place anyway, so yeah.

I might settle on something like 12-15 eventually, but thanks for the tips.

On 1/10/2018 at 8:41 PM, Dude27th said:

I started making some weapon sprites for a possible Earthworm Jim TC , still very alpha obviously 

muestra.png

Yes please. Earthworm Jim was one of my childhood heroes, I loved the games and the show, I had posters on my walls, etc.

P.S. Sorry for quoting images, posting from a phone has some inherent wonkiness.

Working on a level that has it's own "dimension" in each room
Might confuse a lot of players

Screenshot_Doom_20180119_223807.png

almost done......just have to fix half a dozen broken tags.   Add or fix missing textures and rethink two secrets...and add the exit, that would be good.

2018-01-21.png

Edited by joepallai