Find results in...
[McD] James

Today is squirrel appreciation day

Not feeling the squirrel love. 

#don'tsupportcommercialholidays

9 minutes ago, Job said:

Not feeling the squirrel love. 

#don'tsupportcommercialholidays

This isn't a commercial holiday because it's not trying to encourage people to go out and buy things. 

7 minutes ago, Ajora said:

This isn't a commercial holiday because it's not trying to encourage people to go out and buy things. 

I'm pretty sure Planters is a sponsor. 

1 hour ago, Job said:

I'm pretty sure Planters is a sponsor. 

This thread was sponsored by McDonald's and Wendy's lovechild.

2 hours ago, Red said:

Squirrels are assholes

Agreed. My ex-wife's mother had one. Apparently if you're not there for a certain amount of time when they're a baby squirrel, they become hostile to you. Just so happens the wife and I took a vacation for two weeks. When we returned, he hated us. We feared for our lives every day until the ladder fell on it and killed it. Good riddance.

Lots of squirrels where I live.Both animal and human.The animal squirrels are much cuter, but some of the human ones think they are.I like the the real (animal) squirrels.

Gather round everyone I have a squirrel story from 3 years ago. Outside my office is a few trees. In the summer the vertical blinds are always open. There is nothing going on outside that ever catches my eye except for the span of about 3 months every week or so, I noticed falling branches. Smaller branches would break and fall, others would dip and bend. After it happened a few times I began to notice an animal falling out of the tree every so often. It took a month to figure out... oh its a cat sized squirrel. It had a long body, but was still slim with a busy tail.

That summer turned into finding bigfoot. I'd see it jump tree to tree and breach loose branches. I recorded it a few times, but with my camera phone everything was just a small blur. The next spring it never came back.

Oh and shout out to my grandma's dog Smokey. He appreciated squirrels.

Squirrels? Pfft. I want a Lemming Appreciation Day. Lemmings aka The Squeaky Toy from Hell are awesome little critters. No fear, all passion. They're kinda like a really pissed off Guinea Pig I suppose. Also no they don't kill themselves.

lemming.jpg

3 hours ago, YukiHerz said:

Fool, the bunny is obviously the best adorable little critter, where is my bunny day?.

cos3.jpg

Easter doesn't count.

Rabbits are awesome, but they're disqualified from this debate as they aren't rodents, they're lagomorphs.

THIS is the best rodent of them all: 

American_Beaver.jpg

Fun fact: I used to want a pet squirrel. But I never tried to catch one, which I'm sort of thankful for. I can't imagine what would've happened to it if I'd neglected it in the same way I neglected the pet spider I had at one point.