Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Doomhead87

Small, but weird Wadauthor glitch

For some reason, whenever I close wadauthor to work on a level later, and then come back to it, there are alot of vertexes that were'nt previously there(between other vertexes)anyone else have this error?

I had a similar errorwith DEU and DETH sometimes, after nodes build completed and the file was saved (the saved file was not corrupted, though -thank God). Never knew why that happened, really...

Doomhead87 said:

For some reason, whenever I close wadauthor to work on a level later, and then come back to it, there are alot of vertexes that were'nt previously there(between other vertexes)anyone else have this error?

You are accidentally triggering WadAuthor's line splitting function. When you have lines selected and then hit the X key, the line will be split and a new vertex added between the existing two. It's usually best to use line-only selection mode (hit the L key) first, then select only lines you wish to split. If you are in sector selection mode (S key) or "select all" mode (N key) and you have a sector hilighted, hitting the X key will split all the lines in that sector. Don't do that! :)