Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
⇛Marnetmar⇛

Is it me or do crazy facebook posts tend to be extremely similar in style?

Am I the only one who sees a pattern of:

• All caps or certain words capitalized
  • Common themes of pseudoscience, bullshit diet advice, and pseudo-spiritual word salad
  • "Share this and X will happen"

Spoiler

XcQhlsP.jpg

vWMEfaw.jpg

Pw8ktlO.jpg

ZVl31Wy.png

jP08BKw.png

KX6ZL8k.jpg

Exactly what combination of personality traits does a person need to have to make these types of posts, and why does that combination seem to be so common? If you know someone who makes these kinds of posts, what kind of person are they?

Edited by Marnetstapler

One thing, that I have NOTICED.... These crazy people, tend to use WAY TOO MANY commas, and ellipses to.... not to mention generally pour grammer in edition as well...

Edit: not just on facebook either, dont forget... Crazy youtube comments, and the rest of the internet in generall...

Edited by Doomkid

BUT!... what about the dangers? the Danger of DHMO?  Don't you, know, that dihydrogen monoxide, is used as an industrial cleaner... but is also present, in the food we eat?  THINK ABOUT IT!  The water that comes out of your tap... CONTAINS dihydrogen Monoxide!  SHARE THIS WITH ALL YOUR LOVED ONES!!!

*ahem*

Yeah, I've noticed the same thing.  It's annoying, but I'm sure it says more about society than we want to admit.

Maybe you should unfollow some pages, if they started to irritate you. I do this sometimes and never look back. Now my fb stuff is quite clean and I see what I mostly like. 

You mean clickbait,scams and life protips going around like wild fire? There isn't really a reason to use fb aside from the messenger apps if a lot of people you know are there.

2 hours ago, grouchbag said:

And that is why I deleted my fb page.

I think many of us would probably do the same if it wasn't for its little bit of importance to some of us, like, actually important stuff.

I noticed that type of cancer as well, and it's even worse when various pages you follow decide to have some fun, good luck scrolling through the garbage -__- .

The conspiracy nobody talks about: all crazy people on Facebook are actually the same person. Spread the word! Just not on Facebook, else the hivemind will assimilate you too.

Standard facebook tripe, dangerous really some of it.

But anyway I'm off to put my IPhone in the microwave to charge the battery for a bit.

I hadn't noticed. Mostly because I never pay attention to the home page. I just get on it, look at my messages and get out.

The worst are video sharings, memes and "jokes" that already stopped to be entertaining cause its too much of them. If motherfuckers cant say something meaningful, they should shut up.

1 hour ago, NinjaLiquidator said:

The worst are video sharings, memes and "jokes" that already stopped to be entertaining cause its too much of them. If motherfuckers cant say something meaningful, they should shut up.

No, targeted threats and harassment will always be worse than memes. Not everybody has to like memes, but some of us do. 

I think the one trend that's really pissing me off is when instead of just typing out a post or sharing a picture with something written on it, someone instead posts or shares a 20 second video of one picture of text. Nothing else, no sound. Just twenty seconds of a data eating video for a glob of text that is usually pretty stupid to begin with. I know the average person these days is pretty stupid and technologically retarded but c'mon people!

This might just be me turning into a cranky old man, but I also hate the modern youth on Facebook/Instagram/Snapchat. I understand I was a stupid kid once, but for fuck's sake with the new generation's goddamn "I'm bored" or "My life sucks" posts. I'm sorry, but get a fucking hobby. Eating xanax and smoking weed, and then sitting at home doing nothing because you don't have xanax or weed, is not a hobby or a lifestyle choice. My friends and I were huge gaming nerds growing up, but we went outside and did shit all the time. And when we got older went even further out to do shit. There's always something to do. Yes, I was a depressed, emo, stupid teenager at one point too; no, I didn't sit on my ass waiting for the world to shower me with fun and excitement - and using drugs didn't count as fun and excitement, that was just shit you did on the side while you were doing other things in life. These younger cats I hung with last summer, all they wanted to do was drive around burning expensive gas listening to the same twelve songs over and over again going from one $20 gram of weed to the next while complaining there's nothing to do, every single damn day. Damn whippersnapers. Okay, I'll go back to my Columbo marathon now.

5 hours ago, NinjaLiquidator said:

Videos are the fucking WORST! I can't even view FB on my phone anymore because it's just an endless array of autoplay vids. Fuck offfffffffffffffff

I used to love Facebook but over time I got more and more annoyed by my newsfeed. I started unfollowing people if they posted dumb stuff. Then I realized slowly my life got better by not obsessively checking the news feed. I ended up unfollowing everyone. No matter how close I am or how much I like someone, I rarely enjoyed seeing their posts. Or rather, the general annoyance I felt day in and out with seeing posts was not outweighed by positive posts. Plus, I pull my phone out constantly to kill time (a separate related problem).

I still have a Facebook so there’s no need to explain to anyone I don’t have one, but I broke my newsfeed habit by getting rid of it by unfollowing everyone. For the original non newsfeed purpose of Facebook I still have the benefits (looking someone up or seeing events).

If you are getting annoyed everyday by your news feed I strongly recommend doing this. Now I need to break my Reddit habit.

And I use Instagram now to see snapshots of people’s lives, without a chance to editorialize, but even that is getting stupid. Too many people posting pictures of text on Instagram these days.

13 hours ago, Agent6 said:

I think many of us would probably do the same if it wasn't for its little bit of importance to some of us, like, actually important stuff.

I noticed that type of cancer as well, and it's even worse when various pages you follow decide to have some fun, good luck scrolling through the garbage -__- .

Yeah, I know. Also my 73 to sister has skin cancer, and this troll kept making fun of it. We stick to emails and phone calls now. At least she's ok for now.

9 hours ago, Johnatone said:

I think the one trend that's really pissing me off is when instead of just typing out a post or sharing a picture with something written on it, someone instead posts or shares a 20 second video of one picture of text. Nothing else, no sound. Just twenty seconds of a data eating video for a glob of text that is usually pretty stupid to begin with. I know the average person these days is pretty stupid and technologically retarded but c'mon people!

Woah woah woah wait, so, we've gone from putting the post in the text box, where it's *supposed* to go, to putting it in an image and posting that, to making a VIDEO of the IMAGE that contains the fucking post, and posting *that*? How dumb can people get, seriously. That's just inefficient and stupid. Has watching Youtube made people think everything in their life has to be a video or something, lol?

I made a FB ages ago now and I have yet to do ANYTHING with it. It has been empty and hollow since the day I made it. Like me!

FB was my vessel to scream at the air circa 2011, but my use and participation has gone down more and more since. There's nothing to it now.

I had my Facebook deleted for a long time, probably like the entirety of 2016. Really nice times. Honestly dopamine levels spike in anticipation of something, so most websites are designed this way, especially FB, so when you keep scrolling and all you see is bullshit...yeah. Honestly it just makes me hate everyone on there and I only keep it for one of my best friends because I can't get ahold of her any other way. But yes, it's the quickest way for baby boomers to spill their verbal diarrhea. "At least MY generation never ate any Tide Pods." Yeah well fuck you Carolyn, your generation huffed paint.

Edited by Neurosis

Earlier, in the 90s the Internet existed mainly for geeks and it had intellectual conversations. Now a lot of people went online. Even a mentally retarded person can connect to the Internet and shitpost there. It is logical that everything went to simplification.

37 minutes ago, riderr3 said:

Even a mentally retarded person can connect to the Internet and shitpost there.

To be fair, 9 times out of 10 that is best bit of the internet.

15 hours ago, mrthejoshmon said:

that is best bit of the internet.

I would not be so sure that's the best part. 

I admit, sometimes it's funny to see retards take themselves so seriously and see what their "minds" are capable of, but most of the time it's nothing but infuriating.