Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katarhyne

Post your FPS here

I'm not going to beat around the bush - many of you have the leaked thingy by now.

Do this - load up e3_1 and DON'T MOVE. then open the console and exec highquality.cfg. Make sure com_drawfps is set to 1, and then check your FPS. They shouldn't fluctuate much, if you don't move at all. Post your results here.

I'm putting up numbers in the 50s, higher than any I've seen on the web to date. Then again, my computer is god.

I'm interested to see how it does on a less powerful system. Post up your system specs if you can, including

CPU Type & model, actual clock speed
e.g. AMD AthlonXP 2600+, 2520Mhz
Motherboard chipset & frontside bus speed, memory configuration
e.g. VIA KT400 @ 210Mhz, 1024MB PC3500 @ 210Mhz 2:2:2
Video card chipset & local memory, overclocking if any
e.g. ATI Radeon 9700 Pro 128MB, 390/390Mhz

Thanks!

Heh, cool idea. *goes to check FPS.
Strange.....very strange.....I checked High res...and got 6FPS
I turned everything back down to low and still got 6FPS.
Both times it looked almost identical....hmm.

6FPS

Intel Pentium 4 1.5Ghz
Intel D850GB @ 100Mhz, 256MB RDRAM @ 400Mhz
GeForce2mx400 64MB(Main problem here :|)

LorD BaZTArD said:

GeForce2mx400 64MB(Main problem here :|)

Another main problem is that this is just a pre-alpha buggy leaked release. Many people seem to forget that.

No no, I understand that. It is an early alpha so Results will be different to the final game, what I meant by that, is that overall, my video card, having served it's purpose, is beginning to bottleneck my system. On quite a few new games. It wouldn't be a problem if I could afford a new card. SO you could really ignore that statement as it's just me complaining.

Okay, sorry bout that.
Well, I have the same videocard, so framerates are poor here too. I need a GeForce 4 Ti, now.

I just posted this in another thread, oh well :P

Athlon Thunderbird 1400 MHz
512MB DDR RAM
GeForce 2 TI 64MB

Normal framerate without FSAA: 15-20 fps
Normal framerate with 2xFSAA: 10-15 fps
Occasional slowdown when looking at complex stuff like the machinery in the second map: ~5 fps
Slowdown when in close combat with enemies: ~1 fps (ugh)

Out of interest, would a p2 533mhz with 128 meg of ram with a geforce 2 MX400 have any chance of running it?

NOTE: Even if I wanted to download it, I couldn't. I've got a 28k Dial up modem.

all tested in fullscreen

HQ + r_mode 3 = 10 fps
HQ + r_mode 4 = 10 fps (strange!)
combat scene in any res or quality mode (r_mode 1 rulez!) = 1-2 fps :)

looking at a wall (no bump map wall/normal textures) = 20 fps
pitch black = 60 fps (40 fps because the pistol weapon model!)

my specs:
amd athlon tb 1400@1400 mhz
gf2gts 32mb @220mhz core and 370mhz mem (extra cooled) - this one is the bottle neck
512mb ddr ram (extra cooled)
7200rpm IDE HDD (pagefile performance!)
and a damn elitegroup board (made my better asus board go boom!). overclocking not possible.

for d3 alpha i had to crank up my virt. memory to a ~400mb pagfilesize. this alpha sucks up memory like hell ;-)

i am sure johnc and his mates will tune the engine till it runs smooth on a common >1000ghz with >gf2.

A tip to make it more playable and to 'kind of' improve your framerates, set the timescale to about 0.2 to 0.4.

Yeah, the game will be in slow motion, but it'll be more playable at least.

well after my friend handed me a cd that he burnt of it ,i guess my temptation was to much so i tried it , for about 2hrs then deleted it , this is what i got ...

64 fps ? (with Quinqunx Antialasing) ( that seem to be the cap set for the game , because it was like changing really fast between 64 and 69 ) - and it played like it was higher then 64 frames

2.4ghz
512 DDR Ram
GeForce3 Ti 500

and i believe this game runs more off of video card then Proscessor

my test on my server machine

10 - 20 fps

800 mhz
512 sd ram
GeForce2 64mb GTS

Well.. 5-6 FPS..

CPU: AMD Athlon XP 2000+ (1666 MHz)
RAM: Apacer 256 MB DDR-333 MHz
MoBo: Gigabyte GA-7VRXP
Vid: ASUS V3800 Deluxe (RIVA TNT2 Ultra)

I know that my video card is BIG bottleneck, but is there any way to improve the performance? There must be way to turn off some stuff.. :/

Heh Kat.

CPU Type & model, actual clock speed
AMD Athlon Thunderbird 1.333, 1400Mhz
Motherboard chipset & frontside bus speed, memory configuration
VIA (Not sure - its an Abit KT7) @ 112Mhz, 512MB PC133 no special config
Video card chipset & local memory, overclocking
nVidia GeForce4 Ti 4400 128MB, default clock (275/550Mhz) (WTF i thought I had it clocked... will re-run test...)
- Re ran test with GF4 at 300/600
- Re ran test again with Quincunx AA enabled
- Re ran test again with Unclocked GF4 and Quincunx AA enabled

*Unclocked GF4
Normal quality - 21fps.
After exec highquality - 15/16fps (counter was flickering like mad)

*Clocked GF4
Normal quality - 16/17fps
After exec highquality - 16/17 fps
Weird. Got slower on normal quality after clocking.

*Clocked GF4 with Quincunx AA
Normal Quality - 18/19fps
After exec High Quality - 18/19fps
OK my PC is officially ass-backwards. Gained 2 FPS with AA on.

*Unclocked GF4 with Quincunx AA
Normal Quality - 17/18fps
After exec highquality - 17/18fps
Slight drop - maybe I should have rebooted after every test.

Pentium 4 1.6 ghz, 256 mb ram, GeForce 4 Ti 4600.

High Quality - 30-0 fps
Medium Quality - 30-0 fps

BTW, I'm dabbling in making a "low.cfg" so I can get an even better framerate.

Listen to Shaviro. I got an extra 8-10 fps by doing that. Put any custom bindings or whatever into default.cfg.

bigbadgangsta said:

Pentium 4 1.6 ghz, 256 mb ram, GeForce 4 Ti 4600.

High Quality - 30-0 fps
Medium Quality - 30-0 fps

BTW, I'm dabbling in making a "low.cfg" so I can get an even better framerate.

i.e.

Low Quality - 30-0 fps

? :P

Actually, deleting the default doomconfig.cfg just removes some settings that are in there. It recreates Doomconfig.cfg every time you load it up. Just create a secondary config file with all your settings in it (i.e. yournamehere.cfg) and exec that every time you load.

64-69FPS? Somehow I doubt it, since my brother's 3.1Ghz P4 and highly-overclocked Ti4600 grabs somewhat lower framerates than mine. Are you running without filtering, or have you disabled bumpmapping somehow? (old tricks to improve 3dMark2001 scores)

I would show you the fps screenshot of it , but i dont want to get banned for posting pictures , i have 4x AA on and Anisotropic Filtering is at off , i dont really see any diffrence with it on , so i have no need for it, most the time it rests at 64 fps , but it will drop to 30 - 15 when im in fights... and it wouldnt suprise me that the geforce3 would run better because doom3 was pretty much built off of the geforce3 technology , sure yes they used the ATI in the e3 demo , but the game was used on a geforce3 in its early test ? as carmak stated in the geforce3 announcment video a long while back

EPoX 8KHA+
AXP 1700+ @ Stock (1470)
512MB PC2100
R9700 @ 390/351
Windows XP (If this matters, probably the memory requirement and thats all)

With 16X AF (performance) & 2X FSAA & 1280x960, high details

I get like 26 FPS on that scene

I'd say the final game should run great on a 9700 @ 1152x864 (or higher) with high fps :)

Probably the low poly count thats REALLY helping out...

For some reason I can't seem to properly adjust my resolution...I tried using the 'custom_width/height' commands, but to no avail. =/

First of all, to adjust your resolution, use the r_mode cvar. 3 is 640x480, 4 is 800x600, and 5 is 1024x768. If you change the variable in-game, you'll have to do a "vid_restart" to effect the changes. This may take from 15 seconds to a full three minutes (or more) so give it a bit. Most of you will find that anything above 640 is unplayable - it appears that the game is tremendously fillrate-limited, and raising the resolution only complicates things further. There are other values, but if you care that much you can figure it out yourself.

In any event, I'm only interested in 640x480 scores AT THE SPAWN IN E3_1. Nothing else. Yeah, sure, I can put up well over a hundred FPS in some scenes (not even looking at a wall). I don't care about that. I'm talking about standing at the startloc in e3_1, after the cinematic plays.

By the way, Slaverin (or whatever your name is) - I realize that the game was originally developed for the Geforce 3. But let me tell you something - unless you write a program to specifically run slower on one card and ALSO specially optimize it for another card, the slower of the two cards cannot overcome what is a MORE than 200% performance deficit. Add in the fact that your CPU and memory subsystem is considerably slower, and that there are specific R300 optimizations in the alpha, and I think there is only two possibilities. One, you're not understanding that I want you to stand in a certain spot with certain settings, or two, you're full of shit. I rather think the latter is more likely.

Katarhyne said:

Actually, deleting the default doomconfig.cfg just removes some settings that are in there. It recreates Doomconfig.cfg every time you load it up. Just create a secondary config file with all your settings in it (i.e. yournamehere.cfg) and exec that every time you load.

Sure it recreates it every time, but if i keep deleting it every time I load (I wrote a batch file :P), then I get an extra 5-10 FPS across the board, which is like a 50-100% increase for me.

...have you tried it without deleting it? It doesn't make any logical sense for it to be happening the way you seem to think it is. If it's merely recreating the doomconfig.cfg file based on the default.cfg file then there shouldn't be any difference.

P4 2.26Ghz/533mhz fsb. 512Mb SDRAM, ATi Radeon AIW 8500.
I ran the game at 30FPS, hitting 25FPS during gun fights. I also have the released patch that improves FPS. I ran the game in 1024x768 res, highquality mode. I also made a video of it (160mb) and am looking for a place to up it. Here's a screen I took, while playing.

[Deleted by mod - don't you fucking read the rules? Next time it's a ban]