Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MortisCausaDonatio

Don't touch that radio (Zdoom wad)

During the summertime I decided to complete on of my older idea. 
The wad takes place inside doomguy's obsessed radio. It's mostly inspired by older wads that created for zdoom.
After some hesitation I decided to publish it there to get some feedback. Maybe there are some bug I missed but I don't really dealt with it in the past month (university and other things...)

Download
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1xv6c26z863gpen/dttrrr.wad?dl=0
there is a credit list  in the wad.

Screenshot 2017-07-09 10.23.54.png

Screenshot 2017-06-28 16.13.29.png

Screenshot 2017-06-28 16.13.52.png

Edited by HUNdebLeonidasX

having trouble with this i got into the radio but could not proceed past first switch went back to start and got locked in.

7 hours ago, Ed_Deth said:

having trouble with this i got into the radio but could not proceed past first switch went back to start and got locked in.

Possibly forget to check "Repeatable action" as I used to

I will fix that 

So, some playtesting:

1. Is it normal that you can just walk through these windows? It feels a bit strange.

0LE21ZH.png

2. That switch definitely should be repeatable. Or the door it opens should stay open.

AW8CQZ7.png

The monitors (which you can activate to see other areas) should probably be repeatable, too.

3. You can just walk through that part and fall down. All other sides are impassable.

ZvvAm1V.png

4. The message "not work" on trying to use a radio "inside" should probably say "doesn't work" or "not working" instead.

5. One-sided midtexture looking weird:

unJWLMc.png

ShV7yGP.png

6. If you jump back down, then you can't climb back up. Another issue of repeatability.

ZBTxOIz.png

7. After picking up a chaingun from a chaingunner, I couldn't switch weapons anymore with next/prev. After using the weapon slot numbers to switch, I couldn't go back to the chaingun.

8. Guess what this door needs? To stay open forever or be repeatable, again.

QpiaiVC.png

9. After picking up the blue key I had no idea where to go. Couldn't backtrack pas the elevator (it didn't want to go back down), couldn't find new areas to explore.

10. OMG, the silent teleport effect in the corridor leading to the slime tunnels/power station thing isn't repeatable either!

fgWTxOd.png

Anyways I got stuck there, with a useless blue key.

10 hours ago, Alfonzo said:

The title of this WAD speaks to me on a personal level.

Heh

About the map,i think i will play it later

What happens if I do? Is a baby going to come out of it? :P The screenshots are looking good, are you just planning on having the one map?

34 minutes ago, Springy said:

What happens if I do? Is a baby going to come out of it? :P The screenshots are looking good, are you just planning on having the one map?

It have currently 3 map (+1 end cutscene) but the main is map02 and map 3 (a boss map)