Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

Gonna do some more playtesting before I start a thread on this Lovecraft WAD.

That last pic is really giving off that Doom 64 vibe with the fog and everything, seems pretty cool dude.

Also Fonze, (didn't want to quote a wall of text whoops) I still stand by with what I said, he really wasn't making a direct joke at Columbine the victims or the families, he literally just said ">inb4 someone makes an Eric Harris joke". That's not the same as "Haha remember those people that got killed at that school shooting back in '99?", and besides whenever someone makes a map in a shooter that resembles a school or actual establishment and etc. 

Not condoning making jokes about dead people, or victims of a tragedy, but he really wasn't doing that lol. It was more of a reference to the incident rather than him mocking the people involved. I didn't see anything offensive about it, if anything, I feel like it would be better off if we didn't scrutinize every little thing we say in fear of sounding offensive or making someone upset. 

Although I do respect the points you make, I disagree with them.

tl;dr: nothing wrong with what he said in my opinion. huuuge overreaction.

14 hours ago, Novaseer said:

There can be if you're joking about an event that almost got our collectively favourite game banned.

(EDIT: does this even make grammatical sense?)

And almost 20 years later, the community is still here to stay!

6 hours ago, Classicgamer6 said:

Out of all the rooms I made today this is probably one of my favorites.

Screenshot_Doom_20180129_030239.png

Try and add more texture variation. Now this may be pot meet kettle, but I'd try and add more detail to those side walls using different textures when possible (say, a beam every 128 units or so using a different texture)

Hope my advice helps, still looks pretty good regardless.

Just made this exit room for MAP08 of my WAD, might be a little overkill but hey, it works.

And apologies if there are any rules against double posting.

(Also ignore the selection box)

titanpass8-1.PNG

2 hours ago, Novaseer said:

Try and add more texture variation. Now this may be pot meet kettle, but I'd try and add more detail to those side walls using different textures when possible (say, a beam every 128 units or so using a different texture)

Hope my advice helps, still looks pretty good regardless.

Those textures aren't final. I was focusing on getting the layout done before I decorate it.

Just now, Classicgamer6 said:

Those textures aren't final. I was focusing on getting the layout done before I decorate it.

Ah, fair enough. Best of luck!

16 hours ago, SuperArjunaButt said:

Gonna do some more playtesting before I start a thread on this Lovecraft WAD.

tentacles.png

Although very different, the atmosphere of this map reminds of In the Void from Doom64.

I am working on this, my doom3 tc for gzdoom called Revenge of Evil. I recently finished my first map. It toke me 12 days.

No offence or anything as I'm sure you put a lot of effort into this, but I don't really see the point in this TC why not just make a doom 3 mod? Looks as though gzdoom is struggling with the 3D models and everything.

17 minutes ago, jointritual said:

No offence or anything as I'm sure you put a lot of effort into this, but I don't really see the point in this TC why not just make a doom 3 mod? Looks as though gzdoom is struggling with the 3D models and everything.

i am not using 3d models, the demons, weapons and other actors are sprites.

Edited by doomero-21

6 hours ago, Agent6 said:

Although very different, the atmosphere of this map reminds of In the Void from Doom64.

Haha nice.  I haven't actually played Doom 64, but I looked up a playthru of In the Void after seeing this reply.  Maybe the same Elder God that possessed the Doom 64 devs has been whispering in my ear...Y'AI'NG'NGAH YOG-SOTHOTH H'EE-L'GEB F'AI THRODOG UAAAHH!!!!!!!!!

I've always been a huge fan of Silent Hill, Resident Evil, and Doom. When I discovered ZDoom and some of the awesome mods people made I always wondered how it was possible, and for a good year or two now I've been actively and not-so actively working on a number of things.

Unloved is probably my favorite of all time. Anything horror-oriented in that sort of macabre, Silent Hill-ish style really suits my fancy, and I figured with the few things I've learned along the way that it was time to start working on something:

I don't know what I'm going to call it yet, or what I have planned next, but I know I want to have an unsettling atmosphere, and tell some kind of story too. Nothing too prominent, just enough to give some curiosity I guess. Here's a preview of the weapons I'm adding into it:

Never mind my dumb comments lol. These were mostly concocted at the wee hours of the night on low fumes. Got a lot of work to do still, but with what I've learned so far I believe I can do it.

9 hours ago, SuperArjunaButt said:

Haha nice.  I haven't actually played Doom 64, but I looked up a playthru of In the Void after seeing this reply.  Maybe the same Elder God that possessed the Doom 64 devs has been whispering in my ear...Y'AI'NG'NGAH YOG-SOTHOTH H'EE-L'GEB F'AI THRODOG UAAAHH!!!!!!!!!

Oh wow, this is where things get interesting, that's quite the coincidence.

R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

On 1/28/2018 at 8:08 PM, doomero-21 said:

I am working on this, my doom3 tc for gzdoom called Revenge of Evil. I recently finished my first map. It toke me 12 days.

Impressive work!  The enemies especially look pretty convincing.

I did notice the level lacked much light variation, everything is pretty uniform.  Given you're using GZDoom, I might suggest trying to scatter some dynamic lights around (especially under the spotlight textures you have) and subtractive lights in the nooks and crannies to make the whole thing feel a bit more dynamic.

On 1/29/2018 at 6:00 PM, R4L said:

I've always been a huge fan of Silent Hill, Resident Evil, and Doom. When I discovered ZDoom and some of the awesome mods people made I always wondered how it was possible, and for a good year or two now I've been actively and not-so actively working on a number of things.

I like the atmosphere of your preview.  While the room might be relatively plane, but lighting really gives it strong presence.  I look forward to seeing more!

Incidentally if you enjoy those types of mods, if you haven't already I'd definitely check out Solace Dreams (when Ermi releases it again).  I think it'd be right up your ally.

34 minutes ago, Bauul said:

Impressive work!  The enemies especially look pretty convincing.

I did notice the level lacked much light variation, everything is pretty uniform.  Given you're using GZDoom, I might suggest trying to scatter some dynamic lights around (especially under the spotlight textures you have) and subtractive lights in the nooks and crannies to make the whole thing feel a bit more dynamic.

I like the atmosphere of your preview.  While the room might be relatively plane, but lighting really gives it strong presence.  I look forward to seeing more!

Incidentally if you enjoy those types of mods, if you haven't already I'd definitely check out Solace Dreams (when Ermi releases it again).  I think it'd be right up your ally.

Oh I wasn't aware it was released! Awesome!

On 29/1/2018 at 10:00 PM, R4L said:

Unloved is probably my favorite of all time. Anything horror-oriented in that sort of macabre, Silent Hill-ish style really suits my fancy, and I figured with the few things I've learned along the way that it was time to start working on something:

I don't know what I'm going to call it yet, or what I have planned next, but I know I want to have an unsettling atmosphere, and tell some kind of story too. Nothing too prominent, just enough to give some curiosity I guess. Here's a preview of the weapons I'm adding into it:

Never mind my dumb comments lol. These were mostly concocted at the wee hours of the night on low fumes. Got a lot of work to do still, but with what I've learned so far I believe I can do it.

N I C E ! ! !

I love the horror atmosphere in games , and the GZDoom engine is pretty flexible in terms of modding and stuff, also the weapons look really fu**ing smooth !
It looks great so far :D