Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Novaseer

GZDoom preventing PUBG from starting up?

So, a few days after I got PUBG, I got this error. Basically, the game won't start because GZDoom's installed on my computer.

Not a BattlEye issue in itself, as Rainbow Six runs just fine and that also uses BattlEye.

My reaction is easily summed up by the file's name: "fucking hell.png"

And the worst part?

My friends are trying to convince me to uninstall GZDoom to play PUBG.

I WILL NOT STAND FOR THAT HERESY!

fucking hell.PNG

Just now, TFK said:

Lol how the fuck is GZDoom related to PUBG and BattlEye in the first place?

No fucking clue, but it happened.

Maybe any one of the application functions are hindering PUBG.exe somehow. I'm no app enthusiast, but I think you might have to do some registry edits and stuff.

It sounds to me that your battleye launcher is trying to load Gzdoom for some reason. I'm not sure though, I have gzdoom on my computer and pubg and both work just fine.

A suggestion, delete the gzdoom.exe then try to launch. or rename it, see if that works first. If deleting the file works, just redownload gzdoom

Why play PUBG anyhow? Everyone knows Fortnite is where it's at.... ::eye roll::  Totally sarcastic, of course. I don't play either Fortnite or PUBG but am I the only one that's tired of hearing about them? I can't be, I hope...

23 minutes ago, Chewyninja69 said:

Why play PUBG anyhow? Everyone knows Fortnite is where it's at.... ::eye roll::  Totally sarcastic, of course. I don't play either Fortnite or PUBG but am I the only one that's tired of hearing about them? I can't be, I hope...

Only play it because my friends do.

Just now, Novaseer said:

Only play it because my friends do.

Ahh, peer pressure. I feel ya. Better this than drugs, I suppose. Also: friends; what are those? lol

32 minutes ago, Chewyninja69 said:

but am I the only one that's tired of hearing about them?

Given PUBG is the most played game in the world right now, you can't be too surprised it's going to be talked about a lot!

Just now, Bauul said:

Given PUBG is the most played game in the world right now, you can't be too surprised it's going to be talked about a lot!

It's slightly aggravating but ::shrug:: It's more aggravating when people at work won't stfu about it, especially when I've told them repeatedly I don't/will not play it or Fortnite. But whatever, I suppose.

First of all, you don't "install" GZDoom since it's just the exe to launch it... but it is weird that the PUBG launcher would even care. It could be scanning for any exe and thinks GZDoom is a cheat or trainer of some kind. I would suggest moving GZDoom out of the desktop and into something like C:\Arcade or Classic\GZDoom instead.

2 hours ago, stru said:

It's a sign to not play such a shit game.

This. The blocking is a sign that you shouldn't play gzdoom by yourself, but PUBG with real people.

7 hours ago, Novaseer said:

My friends are trying to convince me to uninstall GZDoom to play PUBG.

Uninstall these friends and install new ones.

GZDoom can be easily installed and uninstalled so removing it while playing Battlegrounds. Though this is a very curious case since there should be no problem between GZDoom and a game that is totaly unrelated to it.

7 hours ago, wheresthebeef said:

Surprised there hasn't been a Battle Royale Doom mod yet with 100 players; it would definitely be more stable than PUBG

I think it's the reason to create our own Zandronum Battle Royale. I'm serious. Yeah, if someone will ask about my participation - count me in (but I will not create this mod alone, no thanks)

You know this BattlEye launcher issue isn't quite as bad as when I once uninstalled Sierra Utilities and it deleted everything on my hard drive; at least in this case you have a choice to keep stuff installed.

3 hours ago, DeXiaZ said:

I think it's the reason to create our own Zandronum Battle Royale. I'm serious. Yeah, if someone will ask about my participation - count me in (but I will not create this mod alone, no thanks)

If someone does do this, I would recommend some other way for determining starting locations other than the plane jump. Since, y'know, that requires a completely open play area with no "void space" created by one-sided linedefs. Which doesn't exactly agree with the fact that the Doom engine in general doesn't get along with absurdly wide-open areas.

There's also the sitting-out issue, in that dying in PUBG or the like means you're out of the game but can just jump into a new one immediately without much waiting thanks to a matchmaking system. With Zandronum's server browser-based system, though, you're out of luck unless another server is about to start a new game and you have time to connect to it before it does.

30 minutes ago, Arctangent said:

If someone does do this, I would recommend some other way for determining starting locations other than the plane jump. Since, y'know, that requires a completely open play area with no "void space" created by one-sided linedefs. Which doesn't exactly agree with the fact that the Doom engine in general doesn't get along with absurdly wide-open areas.

There's also the sitting-out issue, in that dying in PUBG or the like means you're out of the game but can just jump into a new one immediately without much waiting thanks to a matchmaking system. With Zandronum's server browser-based system, though, you're out of luck unless another server is about to start a new game and you have time to connect to it before it does.

You're absolutely right.

Well, in optimistic way Doom engine things are not so bad. Zandonum kinda can play the really big areas - for example ZDoom Wars and Crapi

But the player starts would be totally random instant-spawn. Yes, we can imitate the plane jump, but just like in the Action Doom 1, nothing more...

Loving some of the replies here.

On a serious note, it shouldn't be interfering with GZDoom. Maybe try moving GZDoom's folder someplace else, why would you keep it on your desktop anyway.

Also, play the games you want, don't let someone else pressure you into doing something you don't want to.

Can confirm: the recent anti-cheat update means I can actually play the game. This topic is now irrelevant, if still somewhat amusing.

Zandronum BR would be fucking insane, but games would also last about 3 minutes. Also, good luck finding 100 people to play. Zandronum doesn't even have 100 people actively playing :( Doesn't necessarily need 100 people though.

Also, how would one program a lethal zone that closes in over time? We'd have a better chance of cloning prop hunt.