Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zero Senki

[Idea pitch] Possible TC/Weapons mod for Crusader: No Regret?

So here's how I got the idea: TheLightBad96 of Youtube has a playthrough series for Crusader: No Regret. While watching an episode, the idea came across my mind that this could make for a nice Doom 2 mod. We chatted about the possibilities an I then decided to pitch the idea to the Doomworld Forums.

So, what do you say about the possibility of a TC or weapons mod for Crusader: No Regret?

Thanks for the kind words so far. I don't have the knowledge nor hands to work on such a mod, so that's why I pitched it in the first place. I'll volunteer for beta testing for those who decide to work on my idea.

6 minutes ago, Ermi said:

please make it more than just a weapons mod... we already have a million of those.

This is why I pitched the idea of a TC as well as a weapons mod. (I apologize if that sounded rude.)

While I do like the crusader series and the loaded games from the same era. I think the amount of work required to create something that even resembles the crusader universe would be a massive amount of work.

I don't know the newtag whatsit for the record. 

7 minutes ago, Zero Senki said:

its very unlikely you will find anyone here willing to spend time on a Total conversion based on a idea that isnt there own or in some way related to doom. BUT i do love my total conversion mods and i would be willing to help, however im not willing to do it alone, especially on a game i know nothing about.

2 minutes ago, Liberation said:

While I do like the crusader series and the loaded games from the same era. I think the amount of work required to create something that even resembles the crusader universe would be a massive amount of work.

I don't know the newtag whatsit for the record. 

I'll agree that TCs take a lot of work just to make a working version.

3 minutes ago, Ermi said:

its very unlikely you will find anyone here willing to spend time on a Total conversion based on a idea that isnt there own or in some way related to doom. BUT i do love my total conversion mods and i would be willing to help, however im not willing to do it alone.

I'm glad to hear that you're willing to get this going. Let's wait and see if this ever gains ground.

Why don't you start learning to modding or creating/editing sprites for the mod ?
If you have a video or screenshots of at least some work in the mod it would be more appealing for people to join in the mod idea.

6 minutes ago, Dude27th said:

Why don't you start learning to modding or creating/editing sprites for the mod ?
If you have a video or screenshots of at least some work in the mod it would be more appealing for people to join in the mod idea.

You have a point there, Dude27th. I'll look into it.

Part of me would enjoy blasting through recreated Crusader maps and another part of me thinks that Crusader maps would be bland when converted to Doom.  In the source game, they're kind of flat and only use one light level which doesn't capitalize on Doom's strengths.  Most weapons also seem rather similar, differing mainly in damage output, death animation when killing something with one, and whether it runs off ammo or energy.  Some effects can be recreated in ZDoom for sure.

Then again, even if it was just a weapons mod with imported music and a few sprites, I'd still play it.