Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

Any wad authors outside the Americas/Europe?

I'm yet to even meet an African or Middle Eastern player, letalone wad author.  Pondering this while playing the Japanese community project.

15 hours ago, invictius said:

Pondering this while playing the Japanese community project.

Well, so, you're answering your own thread title question. Also anyone from Australia or New Zealand is not from the Americas or Europe.

29 minutes ago, Pure Hellspawn said:

Please do not link to the wikia impostor. The true Doom wiki is at DoomWiki.org.

https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Hell_Revealed

6 hours ago, Gez said:

Well, so, you're answering your own thread title question. Also anyone from Australia or New Zealand is not from the Americas or Europe.

*any other

Japamese community project is made by people who live in Southern Africa, as the title suggests.

Also SGT mark 4, who made brutal doom is Brazilian

1 minute ago, Chamelenoel said:

Also SGT mark 4, who made brutal doom is Brazilian

Brazil is in South America, so it doesn't fit in op's request. 

Hey, Israel representative here.

I haven't made a lot of maps and I'm not that great of a mapper either, but my latest work can be found in Joy of Mapping 5. I usually publish Doom content under the name "Moti".

was eye del cul from argentina? i like his weird level sets NIVELES and GARRULO

just as likely to be spanish but his name occured to me for some reason

and his webpage was geocities so good luck finding that

1 hour ago, yakfak said:

was eye del cul from argentina? i like his weird level sets NIVELES and GARRULO

just as likely to be spanish but his name occured to me for some reason

and his webpage was geocities so good luck finding that

He's from Spain and he's the webmaster of arcades3d.net

I am an 'arab' is what you americans call us...

Edited by A7MAD

12 hours ago, A7MAD said:

I am an 'arab' is what you americans call us...

I've always been fascinated about how arabic words are romanized by using numbers in them as well.  Such as "ElissaWi7at Il7ob Remix By D.JAkram" - why is that?

Been plenty of content coming out of Russia, which unless you subscribe to the X-Com map, isn't part of Europe. Not that I have an overview of it, but there have been several Russian speed map events, etc. Pcorf's maybe the most prolific mapper from there?

Did you know, russian map\mod authors have their own site + forum. Check out the "Doom Power" site.

and ye, I'm Russian, from Mother Russia.

Most of the Russian landmass is in Asia, however most of the Russian population is in Europe. Culturally, Russia is much closer to Europe than to Asia.

nHcN0Sc.png

If you're in Russia north of the Caucasus and west of the Urals, you're in Europe.

Likewise if you're in Turkey but north of the Sea of Marmara, you're in Europe.

1 hour ago, Gez said:

Most of the Russian landmass is in Asia, however most of the Russian population is in Europe. Culturally, Russia is much closer to Europe than to Asia.

From my perspective, the country's so big it really escapes any easy categorisation. It has similarities, but is distinctly different from Europe in many ways. Even Scandinavia's not purely European, though often referred to as part of "Northern Europe". My home country Norway's not part of the EU, though we have some trade deals that allows certain accesses to the open market. To me, the SPan-France-Germany-Italy constallations always been the heart of Europe. Englishmen have certainly always set themselves apart from "Europe", made very evident with Brexit lately. All about how broadly you wanna generalise I guess. =p

Edited by Soundblock : typo

On 2/2/2018 at 5:57 AM, Chamelenoel said:

Japamese community project is made by people who live in Southern Africa, as the title suggests.

Well I learned something new today... gonna have to update my globe.

19 minutes ago, Soundblock said:

From my perspective, the country's so big it really escapes any easy categorisation. It has similarities, but is distinctly different from Europe in many ways. Even Scandinavia's not purely European, through often referred to as part of "Northern Europe". We're not part of the EU, though we have some trade deals that allows certain accesses to the open market. To me, the SPan-France-Germany-Italy constallations always been the heart of Europe. Englishmen have certainly always set themselves apart from "Europe", made very evident with Brexit lately. All about how broadly you wanna generalise I guess. =p

Ah, the EU isn't Europe, though. It's just a political union between a number of European countries.

4 hours ago, Gez said:

If you're in Russia north of the Caucasus and west of the Urals, you're in Europe.

My russian hometown is located on the border between Europe and Asia. I was living in the Europe part, but everyday I was moving into Asia part.

BTW, I'm living now in the Asian area where people also speaks on their native asian language mixed with russian. But technically I'm living in the Europe part.

So, I can be counted as "guy which living outside of Europe"? :]