Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HeyItsDuke

The Freedoom guy walking sprites need redone

They are pretty good, but I think the walking animation needs redone, anyone else agree?

Edited by V0idH0und

Wah oh oh, you're smart one. Sure, they need to be redone... but...

in terms of whatsoever, ALL ITS GRAPHICS NEED TO BE RE-DONE. And FDG is the last that require attention, really.

7 hours ago, CWolf said:

Wah oh oh, you're smart one. Sure, they need to be redone... but...

in terms of whatsoever, ALL ITS GRAPHICS NEED TO BE RE-DONE. And FDG is the last that require attention, really.

I'm going to assume you are trying to make me angry with that comment, they could be redone pretty easily, I was thinking about giving it a go. :) (by the way, unnecessary sarcasm there buddy.) 

Edited by V0idH0und : Because

57 minutes ago, V0idH0und said:

I'm going to assume you are trying to make me angry with that comment

Wrong way, dude.

58 minutes ago, V0idH0und said:

they could be redone pretty easily

Huh. Believe me, as a person that worked on some Freedoom assets and different sprites (not only Freedoom ones) that's not that easy as it seems.

59 minutes ago, V0idH0und said:

(by the way, unnecessary sarcasm there buddy.) 

It's exactly nessesary because this request was there 5-6 times already, iirc. As I said earlier, the main hero' sprites are the last thing that need work on. It may to wait while other stuff around in re-imagination stage... maybe...

Just now, CWolf said:

Wrong way, dude.

Ok.

1 minute ago, CWolf said:

Huh. Believe me, as a person that worked on some Freedoom assets and different sprites (not only Freedoom ones) that's not that easy as it seems.

I never said it was easy to work on assets for Freedoom, I'm just saying the walking frames would be easy(ish) to improve.

2 minutes ago, CWolf said:

It's exactly nessesary because this request was there 5-6 times already, iirc. As I said earlier, the main hero' sprites are the last thing that need work on. It may to wait while other stuff around in re-imagination stage... maybe...

I have not even been in this community for a year yet, how am I supposed to know that?

Just now, V0idH0und said:

I'm just saying the walking frames would be easy(ish) to improve.

And I told you that you're wrong. It need reworking, not improwing.

1 minute ago, V0idH0und said:

Ok.

I never said it was easy to work on assets for Freedoom, I'm just saying the walking frames would be easy(ish) to improve.

I have not even been in this community for a year yet, how am I supposed to know that?

I wasn't in society for an year but know what's going on around. People have ears and eyes, and I use some of them wisely, for hase at least something about what's going on in the world.

4 minutes ago, CWolf said:

And I told you that you're wrong. It need reworking, not improwing.

I must kindly disagree, they don't need completely reworked.

4 minutes ago, CWolf said:

I wasn't in society for an year but know what's going on around. People have ears and eyes, and I use some of them wisely, for hase at least something about what's going on in the world.

Ok... can we please not fight? it's pointless.

This is a silly debate, what does arguing about Freedoom's dude guy hero accomplish? nothing, so let's stay civil and polite to one another, and have a friendly discussion.

14 hours ago, V0idH0und said:

I must kindly disagree, they don't need completely reworked.

The "concept" doesn't need to be changed, but changing the animations is hard enough that it'd probably require reworking most of the sprites. It's not a 3D model but pixel art which does not rotate freely, so you'd need to basically remake it when you want it to be in a different position, for several frames and angles. Maybe "complete" rework won't be needed, but that's not what he said.

If it was that easy to change the animation someone would have already done it. You are free to attempt it, if you manage to improve it, even if it's by only a bit, it'd be appreciated.

Edited by Ferk

17 hours ago, Ferk said:

The "concept" doesn't need to be changed, but changing the animations is hard enough that it'd probably require reworking most of the sprites. It's not a 3D model but pixel art which does not rotate freely, so you'd need to basically remake it when you want it to be in a different position, for several frames and angles. Maybe "complete" rework won't be needed, but that's not what he said.

If it was that easy to change the animation someone would have already done it. You are free to attempt it, if you manage to improve it, even if it's by only a bit, it'd be appreciated.

A very good explanation, and a very polite one at that, much appreciated :). I know how pixel art works, and I never said it was, you know, the easiest thing in the world. I'm just saying it's easy enough that someone should give it a go.

14 hours ago, V0idH0und said:

I know how pixel art works, and I never said it was, you know, the easiest thing in the world. I'm just saying it's easy enough that someone should give it a go.

Sounds like you're volunteering and I'm definitely looking forward to your results

7 minutes ago, Ralphis said:

Sounds like you're volunteering and I'm definitely looking forward to your results

I have always wanted to contribute to Freedoom, so I'll give it go and hope Freedoom guy still looks human when I'm done! :)