Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Question

I am having problems when I make slopes/bridges. Making slopes and bridges separatly works fine, but when I make a bridge THAT slopes it becomes invisible while in game.

I am using GzDoomBuilder (bugfix).

/Per

26 answers to this question

Open console and write :

vid_renderer 1

then restart the engine / gzdoom, or change it from options > change rendering output > hardware acceleration.

Software renderer can't display sloped 3D floors. You need to play with OpenGL rendering on.

1 hour ago, scifista42 said:

Software renderer can't display sloped 3D floors. You need to play with OpenGL rendering on.

Thank you! Can you explain how that is done?

/Per

1 hour ago, dmg_64 said:

Open console and write :

vid_renderer 1

then restart the engine / gzdoom, or change it from options > change rendering output > hardware acceleration.

I am sorry. I think it is the language barrier that makes it hard for me to get. Where do I find this "console"?

Thank you for your patience.

Press tilde "~" (the key below ESC) to open it, it's like a debugging tool, or you can just follow the second method or scifista's.

8 minutes ago, dmg_64 said:

Press tilde "~" (the key below ESC) to open it, it's like a debugging tool, or you can just follow the second method or scifista's.

Should I do this while in the game or in GZDoomBuilder? I tried both but nothing happened.

In the game (assuming you play in GZDoom or Zandronum), and if it's not working for you, go to "Options -> Customize Controls -> Other -> Open Console" and see which key it's actually binded to or rebind it to whatever key you want.

3 minutes ago, scifista42 said:

In the game (assuming you play in GZDoom or Zandronum), and if it's not working for you, go to "Options -> Customize Controls -> Other -> Open Console" and see which key it's actually binded to or rebind it to whatever key you want.

Okey, I found the console and wrote the exact text (like above) several times and I get the message "Unknown command "vid_renderer1""

4 hours ago, Pelle1986 said:

I am using GzDoomBuilder (bugfix).

/Per

Of importance is which map format you use to create the map, and which port you

want to play your map with.

To see the slopes you have to you use the OpenGL hardware renderer, which means

you need to start GZDOOM.

iEZXjQA.png

If you just have DOOM2, then move DOOM2.WAD into the GZDOOM folder and GZDOOM

will start right way, without displaying the selection window.

Edited by Kappes Buur

6 minutes ago, Pelle1986 said:

Okey, I found the console and wrote the exact text (like above) several times and I get the message "Unknown command "vid_renderer1""

There should be a space between "vid_renderer" and "1".

Just now, scifista42 said:

There should be a space between "vid_renderer" and "1".

I tried that as well, still unknown command :-(

11 minutes ago, Kappes Buur said:

Of importance is which map format you use to create the map, and which port you

want to play your map with.

To see the slopes you have to you use the OpenGL hardware renderer, which means

you need to start GZDOOM.

iEZXjQA.png

If you just have DOOM2, then move DOOM2.WAD into the GZDOOM folder and GZDOOM

will start right way, without displaying the selection window.

This doesn't look like my GZDoom. I never get to this "welcome-window"

Doom source port / engine which you play the game with, for example GZDoom, Zandronum, ...

I asked because if you were using just ZDoom, the command wouldn't work.

But if you used GZDoom or Zandronum, then "vid_renderer 1" should absolutely work. Double check for typos.

Edited by scifista42

4 minutes ago, scifista42 said:

Doom source port / engine which you play the game with, for example GZDoom, Zandronum, ...

Oh, silly me... It is GZDoom

5 minutes ago, scifista42 said:

Then "vid_renderer 1" should absolutely work. Double check for typos.

I notice something strange, when I write the command "vid_renderer 1" (with a space between the last word and number 1), the number 1 seems to be lost. I get this message "unknown command "vid_renderer""

I tried to fill out the space with _ , - and whatever... 

Still doesn't work :-(

7 minutes ago, Pelle1986 said:

I notice something strange, when I write the command "vid_renderer 1" (with a space between the last word and number 1), the number 1 seems to be lost. I get this message "unknown command "vid_renderer""

Are you sure you are using GZDoom and not regular old ZDoom? Because this is exactly what happens in ZDoom, which doesn't know vid_renderer. Or maybe you're using some really old version of GZDoom.

2 minutes ago, scifista42 said:

Are you sure you are using GZDoom and not regular old ZDoom? Because this is exactly what happens in ZDoom, which doesn't know vid_renderer. Or maybe you're using some really old version of GZDoom.

Please forgive me! I am embarrassing myself. I was using ZDoom. I am so sorry for wasting your time. 

Now I have downloaded GZDoom and run the command. And it worked. At least I did not get any unknown-command-messages. Is that all I have to do to solve the mainproblem?

/ Per

Quit the engine after you run the command and it should start with OpenGL rendering on when you launch it next time.

3 minutes ago, Pelle1986 said:

s that all I have to do to solve the mainproblem?

/ Per

I suppose so, (after switching renderer & restarting the game) If your sloped 3D Floor is setup correctly it should render with no issues in OpenGL renderer.