Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mechadon

What are you listening to?

12 hours ago, Mayhem666 said:

I like ballad like these sometimes.

I only like one song from them and it's that goddamn catchy song "Warriors of the World". I hate myself for it, but I can't help it.

On 2/3/2018 at 9:29 PM, rehelekretep said:

Gucci never fails to entertain me. Peepin Out The Blinds was the best track on this mixtape

I don't know what the hell is this guy singing but it's a neat song

Just now, rehelekretep said:

brilliant album, brilliant band. whats your favourite - this one?

Well, it's hard to choose, because I like most of these band albums. Mostly listened "Terra Incognita" and "From Mars to Sirius" countless times. 

Another one of those bands whose music grows on you with time, starting to appreciate Cruciamentum more and more.

7 hours ago, Chewyninja69 said:

I only like one song from them and it's that goddamn catchy song "Warriors of the World". I hate myself for it, but I can't help it.

I don't even like that song much, They're a bit hard to get into I'll give that point, but they have quite some good songs. Anyway.

^ Heart of Steel is awesome. probably my favorite song from them. Theres a band I found out about recently, they're pretty unknown but I cant stop listening to this new album: 

In 1956 occurred a historic moment in the history of guitar distortion. Previously, distortion was achieved primarily by overdriving amps, though sometimes also through damaged amps, as in Ike Turner's "Rocket 88," where guitarist Willie Kizart's amplifier, according to legend, had a slightly damaged speaker cone. But in '56, Paul Burlison of The Johnny Burnette Trio achieved a much fatter distortion by dislodging a vacuum tube in his amplifier, though some say he also had "a partially broken loudspeaker cone." In any case, this was the fuzziest distortion achieved up until that time, and in the service of their storming rockabilly version of the blues classic. Actual distortion boxes would not arrive until 1962 when Gibson introduced the Fuzz Pedal, invented by Orville "Red" Rhodes for his buddies in The Ventures, in an effort to rereate the fuzz sound Grady Martin achieved in the Marty Robbins hit, "Don't Worry" in 1961. Grady Martin found this effect by accident because it was generated by a faulty pre-amp. So a busted speaker cone, or a dislodged vacuum tube, and then in time you get acid rock and metal. ;)

I always went for the hard stuff, even as a little kid. I was like 12 when this came out, but by then I was already into all kinds of acid rock, and although I was unaware of Blue Cheer at the time, they'd have been huge favorites for me, along with Led Zeppelin. Every time "Whole Lotta Love" got played on the radio, I went nuts. ;D 

This is a heavy acid-blues band out of Detroit, and this was really the only great thing they did. They totally let it rip on this cover, from the crushing intro to the wailing vocals, but they could never put it together on their original material, which seemed tame and safe by comparison, especially on their second album. But for this one moment, they kicked some unholy ass.

2 hours ago, Steve D said:

So a busted speaker cone, or a dislodged vacuum tube, and then in time you get acid rock and metal. ;)

[guitar_nerd]

Maybe acid rock, but not metal -- Toni Iommi got his distortion by putting a treble booster in front of his amps to hit the input tube hard and cause it to clip, effectively giving it an additional gain stage.

[/guitar_nerd]

Some brutal industrial-tinged British black metal band with grindcore influences. One of their albums is part of my cover picture.

@Jthom That's actually pretty good, I like what I'm hearing.

Also @YukiRaven great stuff as well.

Back to the caverns, DC never disappoints.

Never bothered to check them before, but it's actually a nice blend of Beherit and Demoncy.