Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dial-up

I've made 22 MIDI files for your WAD

Hi there,

I've made 22 Doom inspired MIDI files that you can freely use in your project. You can have a listen to them at https://dialupformurder.bandcamp.com/album/midi-dreams. If you download the album for free from there the MIDI files are included with the download. Or you can download just the MIDI files attached to this post.

If you do use these songs in your project please do drop me a line, I'd love to give it a play.

Let me know if there's anyone out there who wants to make me an album cover.

(The album is licensed under Creative Commons – Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0. This means you can freely use the MIDI files or their WAV/MP3 counterparts non-commercially, as long as you provide a credit where where possible.)

This is the last time I'll spam Doomworld with this album I promise.

dial-up for murder - 22 midis.zip

Edited by Jimes

If I use this music, should I credit you as Jimes?

It would have been handy if you had included in the zip a txt file with such information. If some tine in the future, I see a dial up for murder - 22 midis.zip on my hard drive, that doesn't tell me who made it, making it harder to credit you. I have had such problems before, finding resources on my hard drive that I had downloaded sometime in the past with no indication of who made them. That would leave me wanting to credit you, but unable to.

As a workaround, I made a Jimes Music folder just for this zip, but you shouldn't assume people will do that.

Edited by Empyre : fixed a stupid typo

Thanks for the tip Empyre. I will update the zip to include a txt file. You can credit me as Dial-up for Murder. Cheers.

I've been using these as a replacer for the vanilla music with Crunchynut44's Sinergy wad and... Really inspiring stuff. Makes me want to crack out the sequencer again and do a load more midis. Hell, Untitled makes me want to break out the guitar and play along. Reminds me of Comix Zone a bit.

Great stuff.

25 minutes ago, MuddyFunster said:

I've been using these as a replacer for the vanilla music with Crunchynut44's Sinergy wad and... Really inspiring stuff. Makes me want to crack out the sequencer again and do a load more midis. Hell, Untitled makes me want to break out the guitar and play along. Reminds me of Comix Zone a bit.

Great stuff.

I think it's not exactly a good idea to comment on a thread that has been inactive for more than 1 year, but I agree this music is pretty great.

Everytime I listen to music I get new ideas for Maps, so this is truly awesome.

One of the nice things about forums is that people can rediscover and discuss old stuff, especially good stuff like these MIDIs. Discord on the other hand is the place for only new things.