Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
geo

Which monster would you like to be for a day and why?

Ponder the logistics of being a monster in the Doom universe and ponder the logistics in the real world.

In the Doomiverse would you go for a spider mastermind as she has the greatest chance of survival against Doomguy?

Would you like to be a specter to hide in the shadows and spy? Would you like to be an arch-vile and visit a cemetery to see what happens? You could be a cyberdemon and go skyscraper climbing.

I ask because I can't decide.

2 minutes ago, Chewyninja69 said:

Doom Guy or the guy about to get his shit pushed in?

"Which monster would you like to be for a day"

I'd probably be a Cyberdemon. With actual human intelligence behind one, circle-strafing wouldn't save Doomguy.

Cacodemon. Flight, man. Plus, those marine jerks would hate lots of other monsters more than me.

2 hours ago, Skeletonpatch said:

Hmmm, Doomguy can be counted as "monster" due to his ultra-violence nature.

Definitely a Baron of Hell or an Archvile, I love how both look and their abilities (I prefer the Archvile's ability for sure though), despite the occasional frustration while facing them, particularly in larger groups or cramped spaces. As about Barons, well, it'd be great to feel and look like a badass for once in life (well, ok, except how I feel in my metal outfit), but I guess I'll have to settle for my fantasies. I also find both of them pretty representative of different sides of myself in my interpretation, it's no mere "picking what looks the coolest and is very powerful/deadly" .

Honestly, I was kinda hoping a thread like this would pop up at some point lol.

Edited by Agent6

Hell Knight or Baron would be my first choice. The Hell Knight looks cooler imo, so I would be happy with that form, although the Baron has the same attacks, while boasting higher health, which is a plus if you want to survive Doomguy's blasts for a bit longer.

Arch-vile would be my second choice, because he is the offensive medic of the demons and I would love helping fellow demons, while having a devastating attack. Plus, many corpses mean great sustainability, when you can resurrect them.

But he draws too much attention. He is the first demon in the list of Doomguy, that has to be killed immediately.

Finally a Revenant, because I love skeletons and rockets are always appreciated, when they are not fired at you.

Team caco is absolutely correct. Hopefully I would live in a wide open map so I could fly away and hide somewhere inaccessible.

5 hours ago, Skeletonpatch said:

So the door knocker? It has a face, its probably a living monster.

Cyberdemon I guess..

That way I can never shoot rockets while Doomguy is waiting to 2 shot me in a tight space in order to make things as awkward as possible.. and when I start infighting I can make sure to walk around corners and do nothing except pace back and forth because I'm stuck while Doomguy watches in agony.

2 hours ago, Chezza said:

John Romero.

John is in Icon of Sin... Cain is in Robocop 2... Your logic makes sense!

I'd love to be a revenant. I could scream and punch and blow up shit and no one would judge me, they'd think I was a badass :P
(not that I actually would do this stuff in IRL, because, ya know, laws and that's kind of expensive to blow up stuff)

31 minutes ago, Major Arlene said:

I'd love to be a revenant. I could scream and punch and blow up shit and no one would judge me, they'd think I was a badass :P
(not that I actually would do this stuff in IRL, because, ya know, laws and that's kind of expensive to blow up stuff)

Flipping tables while screaming seems cool yo.....

Given that my previous posts completely failed at being funny, I'm going to start over. I'd choose to be a revenant, because those are easily one of my favourite enemy types in the game. The homing missiles are easily the coolest enemy attack in the game in my opinion. Plus it would match my necklace perfectly. And yes, I'm referring to the necklace pictured in my avatar.