Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
geo

Which monster would you like to be for a day and why?

Probably a cyberdemon, because big bad@$$ wall of HP that lobs rockets everywhere and is immune to their damage. >:-) However, the caco's ability to fly is also tempting...

4 hours ago, Killer5 said:

Cyberdemon I guess..

That way I can never shoot rockets while Doomguy is waiting to 2 shot me in a tight space in order to make things as awkward as possible.. and when I start infighting I can make sure to walk around corners and do nothing except pace back and forth because I'm stuck while Doomguy watches in agony.

L

O

L

!!

14 hours ago, yakfak said:

a pain elemental with Do not recuscitate written on the explody bit

I love this :'D

Personally it's a toss up between the hell knight/baron and a pinky demon :)

16 hours ago, Skeletonpatch said:

"Which monster would you like to be for a day"

But that choice don't make sense, unless you're being facetious?

20 hours ago, geo said:

In the Doomiverse would you go for a spider mastermind as she has the greatest chance of survival against Doomguy?

Greatest? They get vaporized pretty quickly by the BFG, while even lesser weapons kill it faster than e.g. the Cyberdemon. Plus you can get easily stuck and get raped to death even by Pinkies. Nope, just nope.

If I could be myself and think like I usually do. I'd be a Pain Elemental in a big room near the middle or end of a map so I could start spitting lost souls the moment the map is loaded. Or I'd be an Archvile trying to hide from the Doomguy while resurrecting as many monsters as I can.

Otherwise, I'd be a revenant...

9 hours ago, VanillaExtract said:

...hiding in one of the more tedious secret areas so I could dance in place for 24 hours then get on with my life.

3 hours ago, Maes said:

Greatest? They get vaporized pretty quickly by the BFG, while even lesser weapons kill it faster than e.g. the Cyberdemon. Plus you can get easily stuck and get raped to death even by Pinkies. Nope, just nope.

One point blank BFG shot and the Spider Mastermind is dead, they're not threatening at all.

20 minutes ago, Agent6 said:

One point blank BFG shot and the Spider Mastermind is dead, they're not threatening at all.

In that regards no monsters are threatening at all, if one or two shots is enough.

50 minutes ago, galileo31dos01 said:

In that regards no monsters are threatening at all, if one or two shots is enough.

Well, yeah, but they aren't so slow to react in general, that's what I was thinking when I wrote that. I mean, I can just simply sprint towards her from behind a corner or something, reach point blank, fire and goodbye, job's done.

I would want to be a Pain Elemental. I can fly, I can smile, I can flex my t-rex arms, and if I get bored or lonely, I can vomit companions for myself.

5 hours ago, galileo31dos01 said:

But most monsters are usually found in groups, making them a bigger challenge than a single Mastermind.

From Doom I would probably like to be a Lost Soul because that is how I feel. From Hexen It is a toss up between the Affrit or the Heresiarch because the Heresiarch is amazing and the Affrit can fly. From the expanded beastiary it is a toss up between any of these guys.

1. Afrit.pngFlying red Baron sounds cool to me...
  2. EtherealSoul.pngEtherial Soul because I can turn invisible when I want...
  3. Avatar.pngA red and black Heresiarch because just look at him.
  4. PyroSuccubus.pngIt might be different to be a demon lady with demon wings and have a sex change for a day. That might be interesting.

1 minute ago, jerk-o said:

Pain Elemental so I can fill the world with lost souls.

You'd have a tiny problem after your day as a PE ends.

4 minutes ago, KVELLER said:

You'd have a tiny problem after your day as a PE ends.

So you're saying that I'd live through the entire day?

6 minutes ago, jerk-o said:

So you're saying that I'd live through the entire day?

I guess? I'm pretty sure you'd survive with enough Lost Soul spamming :P

2 hours ago, KVELLER said:

But most monsters are usually found in groups, making them a bigger challenge than a single Mastermind.

True, if usage and context provide a better chance for this or that group, but we were talking about the BFG against a single monster on their own, which will also depend on context, even though certain enemies will make it harder on certain scenarios.

would choose to be an ArchVille, since you just spawn monsters and conquer the world. but i would preffer to be an imp, why? because who cares about imps? i didn't when i was killing all monsters that tried to obliterate me. So i would be an Imp and i would never be afraid of being killed.

Boss shooter. Invisible and can't be killed. Can't move either, but then it's only for a day.

Edit: I'll respond in advance to the inevitable objection:

No, they are two separate things.

Edited by Grazza

13 hours ago, Halfblind said:

From Doom I would probably like to be a Lost Soul because that is how I feel. From Hexen It is a toss up between the Affrit or the Heresiarch because the Heresiarch is amazing and the Affrit can fly. From the expanded beastiary it is a toss up between any of these guys.

1. PyroSuccubus.pngIt might be different to be a demon lady with demon wings and have a sex change for a day. That might be interesting.

^^^What is this specific monster called?